Win Title tag in nfo
Would someone please direct me to a resource that fully explains the logic followed to create the <title> tag in the nfo? I take it that the process can be modified with regular expressions, but I'm having difficulty finding a good reference that explains where in the UI that the regex is stored.

Also, what happens when there is no entry in TheTVDB? For example, there are no recent entries for Dateline NBC in that site, so when Kodi scans the files, it completely ignores them. Ember creates nfo files, which Kodi finds and uses, but the titles are not ideal. In particular, the file "Dateline - s2016e731 - The Collector.mp4" gets an nfo created, but the title tag is set to "Dateline - s2016e731". How do I get the rest of the title from the file name in there?
(2016-08-03, 01:38)jay343 Wrote: Would someone please direct me to a resource that fully explains the logic followed to create the <title> tag in the nfo? I take it that the process can be modified with regular expressions, but I'm having difficulty finding a good reference that explains where in the UI that the regex is stored.

Also, what happens when there is no entry in TheTVDB? For example, there are no recent entries for Dateline NBC in that site, so when Kodi scans the files, it completely ignores them. Ember creates nfo files, which Kodi finds and uses, but the titles are not ideal. In particular, the file "Dateline - s2016e731 - The Collector.mp4" gets an nfo created, but the title tag is set to "Dateline - s2016e731". How do I get the rest of the title from the file name in there?

You have to disable Build Episode Title instead of Filtering. Then Ember use the filters to cleanup your filename. The tv show name will be removed automatically.

Thanks for your reply, however, I must apologize as I packed too many questions into my original post.

I have tried it with the "Build Episode" box both checked and unchecked. I seem to get the same results either way.

First question: Suppose that the filename for the TV show is: "Dateline - s2016e731 - The Collector.mp4". How is the <title> tag in the nfo determined?
(2016-08-03, 16:48)jay343 Wrote: Thanks for your reply, however, I must apologize as I packed too many questions into my original post.

I have tried it with the "Build Episode" box both checked and unchecked. I seem to get the same results either way.

First question: Suppose that the filename for the TV show is: "Dateline - s2016e731 - The Collector.mp4". How is the <title> tag in the nfo determined?

Works only if no episode is existing while importing to database. Otherwise the title from NFO is used.
If you disable the option, the Title for "Dateline - s2016e731 - The Collector.mp4" will be "The Collector" if the tv shows name is "Dateline".
OK, so the title tag in the nfo is: <title>Dateline S2016E731</Title>. Please notice that "The Collector" is missing. This is the way it appears in Kodi, which is obviously less that ideal.

If I manually update the title tag and refresh the info in Kodi, the desired title appears. However, if I rescrape, the title reverts to "Dateline S2016E731".

Is this behavior determined by the regular expressions in the Episode/Filename filters, or is there something else going on?
You have to delete the existing NFO and press F5 or remove and readd the file after disabling "Build Episode Title instead of Filtering".
This has nothing to do with rescrape. The title has been set while adding to database if no NFO is existing. If you do a rescrape, the title will be unchanged if the scrape has no result.
Progress! Thank you!

This is what I did:
1) I deleted the file "Dateline - s2016e731 - The Collector.nfo"
2) Removed the episode entry from the database (delete from the lower listbox)
3) Reloaded the TV show (F5)

The result was that the database entry remained deleted. It appears in the lower listbox, but it is grayed-out. Not being sure how to add a single episode, I tried the Update Library (TV Shows only) command, and voila! The deleted episode now appears in the database as "Dateline The Collector", but no .nfo file was created. So, I rescraped, and then the NFO file was created, and the title tag is also set to "Dateline The Collector". Success!

So, emboldened with this new knowledge, I tried this procedure for all episodes (I have 6 at the moment) in the Dateline folder:
1) Deleted all .nfo files
2) Removed the Dateline NBC TV show entry from the upper listbox
3) Used the Update Library (TV shows only) command.

The result was that ALL show now appear in the Ember database with the desired titles. However, only one NFO was created. The one was for the episode "Tangled". So I rescraped, and bingo! All NFO files are created and all with the desired title tags.

I think I know why only one NFO file was create after updating the library, but I am curious to know what you think of this test so far?
The easiest way is:

1. delete the NFO
2. use F5 or one or more episodes to reload the file and informations (if no NFO is found, Ember creates the title from file name)

NFO only will be created if an episode can be scraped. But you can rescrape the episodes to read the metadata of video file and the title will also been saved in NFO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Title tag in nfo0