Best skins and options for an experience close to Zune / WMC
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I apologize for not knowing where else this might've been posted. I'm moving to Windows 10, and want to continue having as close a Windows 7 Media Center + TV Library (by JackLuminous) experience as possible. Which skins or other plug-ins for Kodi would get me as close as possible?

JackLuminous's plug-in let me see TV series in-line with the regular WMC experience in a list of series, then seasons, then episodes, and it was great. I'd like to see something with similar pivots at the top (series, genre, year, new episodes, aired today, people) so I can have a seamless transition to Kodi.

This is what his plugin looked like:

And when in a series:

The last thing I'd like in using Kodi is something that lets me view a series in viewing order, such as Doctor Who (2005), with all its little mini-sodes and prequels for episodes, or Buffy/Angel which can be viewed together in a certain order, or Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY). Is that something this program can do? And multiple subtitles, audio tracks?

If anyone has any leads on this, I'd appreciate it.
For starters, Kodi is and has been far superior to WMC (I used to use it before I wised up), so welcome to the Kodi forums. Just about any of the skins offer a better experience and it's easy to try out various skins, no real effort unless you're into customization. You might want to peek at the new Krypton default skin for ease of use, but at this point it's only Alpha, give that one a few months yet. There is a few WMC plugins to make use of Kodi and your old stuff, Google that.

As far as Zune goes... Wired says "The Zune Is Dead. Here’s What to Do With Your Old One". http://www.wired.com/2015/09/what-to-do-...-rip-zune/
I know Zune is dead, unfortunately, but I still love the interface and the seeming attention to detail it had.

Would someone be willing to work with me a bit with customization?

One other thing I'm looking for is for my German-language series to be listed separately from the original series, and have their own airdates.

For example:

Series: Smallville
S01E01 (US) - Pilot, airdate: October 16, 2001
S01E01 (DE) - Nicht von dieser Welt, airdate: 3. Jan. 2003

I have over a dozen German-language translations of US series which all have their own airdates, that I'd like shown separately from the English-language version. I honestly don't think this is too terribly much to ask, but no media center software does it.

But back to Kodi, I'd really like an interface similar to Zune/WMC for familiarity's sake, something that lets me use a media center remote, and watch/resume seasons of TV series for binge-watching.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best skins and options for an experience close to Zune / WMC0