• 3(current)
Fluid - a skin concept...
holy shit that looks sweet, can wait for this!!!
Looking great guys! Just suggesting you try to keep as true to the original mockups as possible (to be honest, the non-square cd images with the text overlay looks terrible).

If you need any help with content creation or skin tweaking I'd be happy to help, drop me a PM or email (in profile).

Good luck guys.
I would agree with grrowl on this. Also bear in mind that theDeviL has given permission for Fluid to be created by the team currently being formed. What this does mean, is that we could potentially have fluid being created twice...which seems a bit of a waste of time and resources.

Give it some thought, but how about putting your name on the list, rather than dfoing it all alone?
I didn't realize there was a team. I assumed nothing was being done yet.
I know the images I used are not as nice as Devil's, I was just getting the layout done for when he released the image sources. I also almost have the Showcase view complete.

Where do I sign up?
Has there been any progress by the "team"?

Thanks
Wir3d...if you look on these forums, there is a thread called "Let's make a difference to XBMC...all is explained in there"

Big Grin
Got some of the showcase view done today.
Yes I know it's rough... Just working on the layout.

Just want to chime in with some more support. I just caught up in this thread and skimmed through the "difference" thread. It seems Fluid might be the next XBMC coming? I'm rather excited if that's so.

You're also doing a good job so far Wir3d. I just have a question. I'm far from being a skin developer.

It's been said that we want to stay as true as possible to the original design. Is it going to be possible to get exactly what's in the mockups -- sharpness, gradients, and all? Or will the graphical design and/or coding be far too strenuous to achieve something like that? Will the Xbox/XBMC even be capable of displaying something like this?

Also, in that 5th and last mockup on the 1st page (I'm not sure what to call that View); how are you, theDeviL, or anyone thinking that's going to work? Will the selected movie box stay static in the middle of the screen? Or will that move left and right as well?

I can already kind of see that this is going to be a large job. So godspeed to all who is partaking in this project.
A note to skindevs: make sure there are enough room for strings (since the length differs between translations)
Like the concept. I think you need some new Icons though. Let me know if I can help. Big Grin

[quote=Wir3d]Sorry but I have loved this concept since you posted in the Xephyr thread.
Couldn't wait any longer.
grrowl Wrote:Looking great guys! Just suggesting you try to keep as true to the original mockups as possible (to be honest, the non-square cd images with the text overlay looks terrible).

If you need any help with content creation or skin tweaking I'd be happy to help, drop me a PM or email (in profile).

Good luck guys.

I know this comment is meant as critisism, but to be honest, I am quite content with Wir3d's work, he has consistently turned up what appears to be working versions of the mockups provided.

I would not discourage him from working on this, besides, looks I can take care of. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. Wink

here are a few a left out...

After reading some of the feedback here i feel I need to refine what the skins navigation system is going to be, I want for all transitions and navigation to be, well for lack of better word "fluid".

I am not too certain as to what can be accomplished with XBMC's Current features. I might be wrong but the too main things I would like to see implemented are easing effects, and blurring effects.
In addition to my last post, I apologize for my lack of pressence, i had taken a trip on order to be out of my home during a renovation, and as expected people did not finish the jobon time, I have not had access to my machine until today.

to to cquel and skunk, how do you guys think think we should proceed? oh wait I am reading the "make a difference" thread.
Devil,

The first screen shot looks a little too much like xtv for my liking, If this is to become the next coming of xbmc I would like to see something a little different.

Second Screenshot looks sexy as hell. But I have concerns that the size of the covers will look poor if downloaded with the thumbs option. Got to love that electric blue halo around them though.

Keep bringing out those mocks.. Loving the work.. Big Grin
Broads Wrote:Devil,

The first screen shot looks a little too much like xtv for my liking, If this is to become the next coming of xbmc I would like to see something a little different.

I agree, it was a variation of the very first one I posted...
theDeviL Wrote:I know this comment is meant as critisism, but to be honest, I am quite content with Wir3d's work, he has consistently turned up what appears to be working versions of the mockups provided.

I would not discourage him from working on this, besides, looks I can take care of. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from. Wink

here are a few a left out...

After reading some of the feedback here i feel I need to refine what the skins navigation system is going to be, I want for all transitions and navigation to be, well for lack of better word "fluid".

I am not too certain as to what can be accomplished with XBMC's Current features. I might be wrong but the too main things I would like to see implemented are easing effects, and blurring effects.

LOL your going to keep me busy aint ya Rofl
I almost have the tiled view complete. This has been a bugger to do as I am trying to stay as close to your original layout as I can.
I am trying several things because I'm not able to figure out how single focus when using the tile option (panel).

Anyways should have some more screenshots this weekend. Damn work is getting in the way.
@theDeviL

Personally I like the last images you posted immensely. I don't think it looks too much like xtv at all. I suggest you keep they screens you posted and maybe have an option to use other colors etc. I would hate to see these images go to waste. Cheers.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fluid - a skin concept...1