samba connection issues?
I just set up the xbmc on my linux shuttle box and all is running fine, i copied over my settings.xml file from my old xbox to the linux version and put it in user data.. when opening video section I can see my folders but when clicking on anything I get an error and it wont load up my files in that folder.

here is some debug output from a click to enter my videos area:

Quote:------------------- GUI_MSG_WINDOW_DEINIT Dialog OK-------------------
Clearing cached fileitems [smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/U2 Elevation Tour 2001/]
DeleteFile - cant delete file </tmp/xbmc/3dce7822.fi>. trying lower case </tmp/xbmc/3dce7822.fi>
Delete - Error deleting file /tmp/xbmc/3dce7822.fi
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/U2 Elevation Tour 2001/)
ParentPath = [smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/]
CreateFile, cant open file </tmp/xbmc/3dce7822.fi>. trying to use lowercase </tmp/xbmc/3dce7822.fi>
CreateFile, error 2 opening file </tmp/xbmc/3dce7822.fi>.
OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/U2%20Elevation%20Tour%202001
read_socket_with_timeout: timeout read. read error = Connection reset by peer.
Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml
Load DialogOK.xml: 3 ms (2 ms xml load)
SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/U2%20Elevation%20Tour%202001'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/U2 Elevation Tour 2001/) failed
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/)
ParentPath = []
CreateFile, cant open file </tmp/xbmc/220c7d78.fi>. trying to use lowercase </tmp/xbmc/220c7d78.fi>
CreateFile, error 2 opening file </tmp/xbmc/220c7d78.fi>.
OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD
write_data: write failure in writing to client . Error Bad file descriptor
GetDirectory - Failed to stat file smb://gateway:[email protected]/videos/DVD/U2%20Elevation%20Tour%202001
thread start, auto delete: 0
staticThread, deleting thread graphic context
Load defaultFolderBackBig.png: 3.2ms (bundled)
Load list-focus.png: 8.4ms (bundled)
Load defaultFolderBig.png: 4.0ms (bundled)

this all works fine on my xbox, but no go so far with the linux version. any ideas?

btw these shares are on my raided vista box..
-------------
I Bare It All -Personal Blog
anyone have any ideas this is driving me a bit nuts..

when going into a big dir it keeps spitting this out then core dumps.

write_data: write failure in writing to client .. error bad file descriptor.
-------------
When did anyone say the port was anywhere near done/bug-free?
Problem with your Samba setup... no problems here with samba on any of the latest builds.
Just for the sake of curiosity.. do me a small favor and try to add a network source using the GUI. Mine seems to have issues when adding anew.
althekiller Wrote:When did anyone say the port was anywhere near done/bug-free?

you know, i cant seem to find anywhere in my post saying bitching about it not being bug free or done...

I'm just an early adopter who likes to tinker around with stuff, and I thought I would just point it out , and see if anyone else in the "linux users only" might have some suggestions... comments like these arnt helpfull
-------------
HarshReality Wrote:Just for the sake of curiosity.. do me a small favor and try to add a network source using the GUI. Mine seems to have issues when adding anew.

yea I tried that a few times, still get the same issue.

I think what im going to do is just make a mnt point on my linux like

/mnt/mystuff

which then has videos, photos, music dirs which then I can just link to and not have to rely on the samba stuff, its basically the same thing just making your mount points.
-------------
gateway.. may be a vista/smb issue..... I got tired of having issues with windows and have gotten rid of it entirely at home.. I set up a freenas and i'm using it for samba sharing as well as serving up media via upnp... works perfectly and the hardware requirements are very small.. I'm using an old box with a 733mhz processor and 64MB ram for my freenas.. works perfectly..
my next step is to try some more tricks with samba and vista, if not just rebuild the box with something else and put my raid in.
-------------
Ik copied over the sources.xml from userdata folder en voila all the smb shares work fine.

Only the ones with double targets fail, browse fine, playback nogo.
t029248 Wrote:Ik copied over the sources.xml from userdata folder en voila all the smb shares work fine.

Only the ones with double targets fail, browse fine, playback nogo.

whats os is your box with your shares on it ?
-------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
samba connection issues?0