Linux No DVD play on 16.1
Have not used Kodi for playing a DVD for a while. Dropped one in the other day and found that instead of playing, I only get offered a choice screen with "Browse Video/Browse Audio/BrowsePictures/Browse Files" options. Checked the System setup and I am still set to play DVD on insert. There have been several updates since I last played a DVD, so checked through the settings. Nothing obvious has changed.
Was on Lubuntu 16.04 with Kodi Jarvis 16.1. Have reverted back to a clean load of Lubuntu 14.04.4 with Kodi Jarvis 16.1, but no difference, still no DVD play, just the choice screen. I cannot get a DVD to play as a DVD. It only connects as a storage device.
Thinking back, I have not actually tried to play a DVD since Kodi 15.
I lost the background visualisation on music when the upgrade to Kodi 16 installed, was something else changed that I needed to re-install, to maintain DVD playing?
Or is this possibly something to do with the mysterious inability to recognise certain discs on Debian because of a library glitch?
Interesting ...
No DVD Play on Lubuntu 14.04.4 was because I forgot the Restricted Extras package.
However, upgrade to 16.04 removes Kodi and disables some 3rd party packages, including bits of Restricted Extras.
Re-installing Kodi on 16.04 and reinstalling Restricted Extras, does not restore DVD Play.
Have gone back to Lubuntu 14.04.4.
Will investigate further on a clean 16.04.1 Lubuntu when I get time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DVD play on 16.10