* easily configure WebGrab+Plus
* downloads site ini pack
* select channels from Country\Provider
* quickly remove channels
* output WebGrab++.config.xml and required ini files
* Device Settings Wizard

Notes
* WebGrab+Plus can be tricky to set up
* Some providers still need a manual step in their setup. Read the instructions in the folder:
userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\siteini.pack

LibreElec Notes
* LibreElec users can use this addon to schedule Webgrab+Plus daily updates:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-1102-p...ml#pid7281
* Settings for LibreElec (enable hidden folders in Kodi\Settings\Appearance\File Lists\Show hidden files and directories at Advanced Level or greater):
Webgrab program - /storage/.kodi/addons/service.webgrabplus/bin/webgrabplus.start (change .start to .run in v8.0.104)
Config output - /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus
Xmltv output folder - /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus
Xmltv output filename - guide_wgp.xml

TODO
* automate some of the manual steps
* settings for webgrab config optional parameters

Install
* repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip
* webgrab: http://webgrabplus.com/

Quickstart
* download and install webgrab from http://webgrabplus.com/download
* install the latest update (as Administrator on Windows)
* run the addon
* set the "Webgrab+Plus Program" Setting (eg "C:\Program Files\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe")
* click to Download Site Pack
* select channels from Countries list
* check your channel list in Channels
* Write Config File (output in userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\config)
* Copy Config to Ouput Folder
* Run Webgrab
* load xmltv file in your favourite TV Guide (userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\xmltv.xml)
* setup your scheduler to run the Webgrab exe with the config file folder as the only argument
eg "C:\Program Files\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe" "C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab\webgrab\config"

Windows Install and Setup Tutorial
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2447504

Source
* addon: https://github.com/primaeval/script.webgrab
* repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository.primaeval
Too funny, I literally spent yesterday doing this manually. I will have to check out your stuff.

Sent from my ONE A2005
Is this for a Windows install only?

Sent from my ONE A2005
(2016-08-08, 14:33)iainmacleod Wrote: Is this for a Windows install only?

Sent from my ONE A2005

I have only tested it on Win7 but I would think it is ok on Linux.

The configuration steps should be able to be done on any system.
It just reads in the sitepack ini zip file and creates an xml text file.
Just move or link the config folder to your main server and run webgrab there for daily updates.

I would be grateful for a report if you want to try it.
Will this play nicely with the LibreElec Webgrab+ add-on?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I was going to ask similar question about only for Windows (as your referring to webgrab Windows install) but assume underlying configurator could be used to configure from within kodi the libre webgrabplus addon?

---edit---OK loaded addon from your repo and can see will be able to test configurator and see whats built/prepared within its own "script.webgrab" folders i.e.

.kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.webgrab
.kodi\addons\script.webgrab

LibreELEC Webgrabplus creates and utilises following folders

.kodi\userdata\addon_data\service.webgrabplus
.kodi\addons\service.webgrabplus

--edit---OK building my prefered channel list using configurator Smile
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-08-08, 14:45)DarrenHill Wrote: Will this play nicely with the LibreElec Webgrab+ add-on?

I don't use LibreElec, so I don't know for sure.

The LibreElec addon is a system addon that runs the Webgrab program on a timer.

This addon sets up the channel list config file for you.

They should be able to play nice together.

There might be a step that needs to be added to move the config files to a place where LibreElec likes them.

If anyone has it set up, please let me know.
If I get chance I'll have a look tonight on my Pi and see if I can get them to play together (although I have WebGrab working fine anyway there, feeding your EPG add-on). That is unless Mike beats me to it Wink
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@primaeval

Liking what I see so far after using configurator (v0.0.2) to create prefered list of selected channels from UK, France and Spanish channel selection. WinkCoolCool

Would be great within created channels list to be able to sort, re-order channels into a user preferred country mixed order and to also modify final channel name that will be visible when using resulting xmltv.xml with TV Guide Fullscreen add-on and/or Kodi TV (PVR) option.
(Something I currently do via standard text editor to my personal prepared WebGrab++.config.xml)

e.g. change BBC Two England to BBC2

Code:
From <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="105" xmltv_id="BBC Two England">BBC Two England</channel>
To   <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="105" xmltv_id="BBC Two England">BBC2</channel>

---edit 1---

Regarding downloaded SiteIni.pack would be good to know from within configurator settings, current downloaded pack being utilised.
i.e. SiteIni.Pack_2016.08.07_200303 (Downloaded from webgrabplus.com/sites/default/files/download/ini/... )

---edit 2---

On rpi2 created WebGrab++.config.xml contains the where to write resulting xmltv.xml and all my selected channel information, but none of the other standard parameter settings, is that as desired/expected? (i.e. Might require <user-agent> & <timespan>)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Honestly, I'm use WebGrab+Plus on Windows to grab from TVGuide.co.uk and tv.com. I use the offset script to reconfigure the European times. I just have to create my HDHomerun strm files now.

What is the benefit of this script over what I'm doing?

Sent from my ONE A2005
(2016-08-08, 16:51)iainmacleod Wrote: Honestly, I'm use WebGrab+Plus on Windows to grab from TVGuide.co.uk and tv.com. I use the offset script to reconfigure the European times. I just have to create my HDHomerun strm files now.

What is the benefit of this script over what I'm doing?

Sent from my ONE A2005

If you never change your mind over the channels, then carry on with what you have.

If you want to quickly add another channel you just found in a new addon from your sofa with a beer in your hand, try this. Wink
(2016-08-08, 15:49)MikeKL Wrote: @primaeval

Liking what I see so far after using configurator (v0.0.2) to create prefered list of selected channels from UK, France and Spanish channel selection. WinkCoolCool

Would be great within created channels list to be able to sort, re-order channels into a user preferred country mixed order and to also modify final channel name that will be visible when using resulting xmltv.xml with TV Guide Fullscreen add-on and/or Kodi TV (PVR) option.
(Something I currently do via standard text editor to my personal prepared WebGrab++.config.xml)

e.g. change BBC Two England to BBC2

Code:
From <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="105" xmltv_id="BBC Two England">BBC Two England</channel>
To   <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="105" xmltv_id="BBC Two England">BBC2</channel>

---edit 1---

Regarding downloaded SiteIni.pack would be good to know from within configurator settings, current downloaded pack being utilised.
i.e. SiteIni.Pack_2016.08.07_200303 (Downloaded from webgrabplus.com/sites/default/files/download/ini/... )

---edit 2---

On rpi2 created WebGrab++.config.xml contains the where to write resulting xmltv.xml and all my selected channel information, but none of the other standard parameter settings, is that as desired/expected? (i.e. Might require <user-agent> & <timespan>)

* xmltv file folder and name setting
* copy config files to output folder command and setting
* rename channel and xmltv id

The site ini pack is always the latest:
http ://www.webgrabplus.com/sites/default/files/download/ini/SiteIniPack_current.zip

I'm working on the channel re-ordering.
(2016-08-08, 18:08)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.3

http ://www.webgrabplus.com/sites/default/files/download/ini/SiteIniPack_current.zip

Fantastic!! ( Really wasnt expecting such quick response and fast work with 0.0.3 primaeval Cool )

I understand that SiteIniPack will always be latest, i.e. when we choose to download, it will be updated.

But if user does not choose to update for a period, will have no idea of overall age of pack so thought it an idea to time/date stamp or similar.
(Just pondering situation where users may have issue with pack download and prepared config file update miss-alignment when data providers etc change settings which impact specific channel(s) .ini and .xml?)

Regarding other webgrabplus configuration settings, are you planning to make these visible in add-ons settings or similar?

Apologies, dont have time to test 0.0.3, tonight Blush
(2016-08-08, 19:39)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 18:08)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.3

Fantastic!! ( Really wasnt expecting such quick response and fast work with 0.0.3 primaeval Cool )

I understand that SiteIniPack will always be latest, i.e. when we choose to download, it will be updated.

But if user does not choose to update for a period, will have no idea of overall age of pack so thought it an idea to time/date stamp or similar.
(Just pondering situation where users may have issue with pack download and prepared config file update miss-alignment when data providers etc change settings which impact specific channel(s) .ini and .xml?)

Regarding other webgrabplus configuration settings, are you planning to make these visible in add-ons settings or similar?

Apologies, dont have time to test 0.0.3, tonight Blush

I still expect there to be a bit of hand editing to do for some people. Webgrab has a lot of settings.

Which config settings do you want visible? I'll add them to the Settings.

I'll see if I can add an info window for the current site pack and maybe a check to see if the channels are still in the new ini files.

There are duplicate ini files for some countries too which could cause problems.
Yup, seems to work fine with the Pi and the LibreElec webgrab add-on plus your full screen TV guide. At least once you get all the settings pointing to the right places anyway.

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebGrab+Plus Configurator3