Playlists taking forever to load
I'm running the latest Kodi on a Razer Forge (Android TV set top box).
From within Kodi, I've created some playlists for playing songs on my file server (over SMB).
When I go into my music library and select one of the playlists, it sits there for a few minutes saying "Scanning media information - 100%" and "loading media information from files..." After awhile, the requestor disappears and then quickly reappears, as if it's doing the whole process twice or something. It's only about 700 files, but the scan is 2-3 minutes.

It seems weird that it needs to load media information from the files every single time I want to play from a playlist. Doesn't it cache that info when I create the playlist? Is there a way to tell it to just cache the info since I'm not going to change the playlist? Or at the very least allow me to say "play what's in this playlist" so that I don't have to select the playlist, go do something else while I wait for it to load, then come back and tell it to start playing?
By latest do you mean a v17 nightly or full release so v16.1?
The one in the Android store, so 16.1.
Are there music videos in these playlists too? I have the same behaviour but only in mixed playlists. Pure music playlists load very fast. Mixed playlists can take quite a while to load and I get the "scanning media information" too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists taking forever to load0