hdhomerun prime
so i just re did my mythubuntu box because of a motherboard failure. it is all setup. i set up all 3 tunners. my problem is if i go to stream tv from another kodi machine at the same time it stops the other machine. i'm sure it is something stupid with setup on the backend. any ideas?

i will say that i got a message about starting channel not being already used or something like that, so i made them random channels i new where on the list

thanks
You need to set up each tuner on the Prime separately. So in the end you have 3 inputs, each named 1234abcd-0, 1234abcd-1, and 1234abcd-2, where 1235abcd is your Prime's device ID.
probably how you have the hdhr feeds setup. do you have the feed set to use a specific tuner?

example: http stream

http://192.168.1.5:5004/auto/v125/

example upnp theme

upnp://31748E47-3D37-31CF-9D6B-5341F1AE530E/Channels%2fv125/
MythTV does not require you to set up your inputs that way. One of input options is for HDHomeRun devices, which will then use SD's libhdhomerun to access the tuners. This way the channels are sent to MythTV over UDP/RTP, which has a lower latency than the TCP streams sent over the HTTP links.

In general, the guide for setting up the Prime on the MythTV wiki is pretty good, although a little outdated and the screenshots included are hard to see because of the theme used during the setup. It is also geared for those using Schedules Direct's DataDirect feed rather than their newer (and better) JSON service. (However, the mfdb-json script, which is Schedules Direct's tool to use their JSON feed to fill MythTV's EPG database has errors and requires quite a bit of manual setup to get it to work properly.)
ok i'm a little confused by all of this.

1st all 3 tunners are setup

2nd i use SD didn't know about a new one, i'm all paid up till December
so i just messed with the backed again and can't figure it out. its like it is just using one tuner for all front ends. i can watch the same channel at the same time with all backends. but if i try and go to another channel on a different box the the others freeze. i will say maybe it has something with the channel scan on the backend. when i try to use the option to use the SD it doesn't do anything. maybe i need to do a full scan on all tuners. ill let that go all night and see what happens.
No, MythTV doesn't use a channel scan for the Prime; it gets the channel listing from your Schedules Direct account.

I still think you haven't set up your tuners properly. You need to add each tuner if the Prime as a separate Capture Card, so you have 3 Capture Cards listed. Then you add your Schedules Direct account as a Video Source. Then under Input Connections you map each Prime tuner Capture Card to your Schedules Direct Video Source, so you have 3 different Input Connections mapped.

The tutorial on the MythTV wiki is pretty comprehensive if you're basically sticking with the defaults.

If you're interested in SD's JSON service for use with MythTV, there's a GitHub repository with the scripts, and the wiki on the GitHub project has full details.
ok here are some pics of my settings

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
one thing i noticed was in general setting it had the "maximum jobs" or something like that. it was set to 1. does live tv fall into that? should that be more like 4? sorry guys i already had this thing setup and working great before the MB went out. i'm sure it is just something i'm missing somewhere

thanks for helping me out!
No, the Jobs setting refers to User Jobs and other things, like commercial flagging and transcoding.
thats what i thought
Looking at the screen shots, it looks like you have 2 Input Groups set up: one that you created for Tuner 0, and includes Tuners 0 and 1; and one for Tuner 2.

I've personally moved on from MythTV, but I don't recall ever setting up Input Groups. (I never had a problem with inability to access Tuners from multiple frontends, so I don't know if this is your problem or not.)

My MythTV install had 2 Primes, and I staggered the LiveTV and Recording priorities of the Tuners to ensure maximum flexibility with viewing and recording. My setup looked like this:
Code:
Tuner      | Live Pri | Rec Pri
-----------+----------+--------
1234ABCD-0 |     1    |    6
1234ABCD-1 |     3    |    4
1234ABCD-2 |     5    |    2
1234EF01-0 |     2    |    5
1234EF01-1 |     4    |    3
1234EF01-2 |     6    |    1
Hopefully that table illustrates what I was referring to.

I would recommend checking your Input Group settings (are they even necessary?), and also check the LiveTV Priority and Recording Priority of your Tuners and make sure there is no overlap.
Ok I fixed my first problem. It ended up being that for some reason I set up 2 input groups for SD. One I deleted the groups and added again it worked!

Now I have a new problem. I have 3 kodi setups 1st windows pc, andriod tv, and a ubuntu pc.

The ubuntu setup won't play live tv that is mpeg2. It does play the h.264 but the audio and video are way out of sync and video stutters. The strange thing is on my last install of the backend it played it fine. Any ideas?
Enable hardware decoding of the video, and make sure you have the proper libraries/drivers installed. Kodi supports both VAAPI and VDPAU, but the libraries also need the hardware driver. You may also change the decode method from software in the Video properties.
When you say make sure you have the proper library/drivers installed, what do you mean by that? And you are talking about the front end right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hdhomerun prime0