LIRC compatible with the remote from the 'old' Xbox?
Question 
I'm playing around with usb --> xbox rf interface and the old xbox remote. I found some documentation on myth tv about getting it working but I'm wondering if anyone has tried that for the linux xbmc, I started to dig into it this morning before having to run off to work.

if so what module did you use?
-------------
I Bare It All -Personal Blog
gateway69 Wrote:I'm playing around with usb --> xbox rf interface and the old xbox remote. I found some documentation on myth tv about getting it working but I'm wondering if anyone has tried that for the linux xbmc, I started to dig into it this morning before having to run off to work.

if so what module did you use?

I'm using the xbox remote to control the openoffice presenter. I use
kbdd which takes lirc commands and simulates keystrokes. this should also work with xbmc - i can't try it because xbmc sucks on my machine (graphics adapter stuff). i use this script to start it:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
modprobe lirc_atiusb
/etc/init.d/lirc stop
/etc/init.d/lirc start
killall kbdd
kbdd -t lirc & 1>&2
i can't remember which version of lirc it is i'm using.
You should use the atiusb module as stated above. You wont need kbdd. XBMC has built in supoort for Lirc so if you configure lirc correct the remote will work in XBMC
thanks, i wasn't sure which one to use but ill recompile with atiusb ..
-------------
I got the remote working, is their a way to slow down the clicks. it seems really fast, if you hold down the button to long its like a few clicks are done ?

Anyone notice this?
-------------
My streamzap remote works with ubuntu but I only have my lircrc file configured for myth and a few other apps... I haven't been able to get it to work with xbmc yet... I'm missing something small I know, but I haven't tinkered with it enough to figure it out.. I'm now using xbmc/linux as my HTPC exclusively but I'm tired of having a keyboard attached to it..
1. XBMC doesn't use lircrc at all.
2. you need a good lirc.conf
3. take a look at lircmap.xml in userdata. You probobly will need to add your control here unless you make an lirc conf that will present your remote as a present one.

I think you have a repeat setting in lirc.conf
hmm.. so installing lirc isnt needed.. ok I guess I didnt try, but doesnt it need the proper usb driver which is a part of the lirc install .. in this case the atiusb for the old old xbox remotes?
-------------
no, lirc is still needed... it's just that xbmc doesn't use an lircrc file the way myth and most other apps do... that's where I was getting confused...
exactly. lircrc is uniqe for your user. We intercept the signal from lircd directly instead of passing it to for example kbdd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC compatible with the remote from the 'old' Xbox?0