• 9(current)
Release Viaplay add-on thread
Thanks, Emil, for your quick and comprehensive reply! I hope you reach a solution, it'd make a huge difference!
I have subscription to Latvian viaplay version is it possible to watch it using this add-on with my user-name and password?

https://viaplay.lv/
(2017-04-16, 22:16)emilsvennesson Wrote:
(2017-04-16, 13:03)Trollet23 Wrote: Hi

Thanks for a great addon, first of all! Two questions, hopefully you can expand my knowledge here:

1. It seems as if no sports are working, do you know why and can it be fixed?

2. My main reason for installing this addon is to try to get around Viaplay's blurriness occuring at all quick horizontal pans. Watching a hockey game makes you dizzy. I was hoping I could change the update frequency and resolution this way, as the built-in Android and iOS apps are very locked down in that area. Will that be possible through Kodi, you think?

Hi!

1. Unfortunately, Viaplay has started to encrypt a lot of their sports streams with FairPlay DRM. This is unsupported in ffmpeg/Kodi and I am now looking to move over to MPEG-DASH and Widevine instead.

See https://github.com/emilsvennesson/kodi-viaplay/issues/9 for more info. :-)

2. Yes, enable 'Adjust display refresh rate' in the Kodi settings and Kodi will automatically change your TV's refresh rate to match the content. This is one of the reasons I'm avoiding the official apps. Watching 25/50fps content in 60Hz is unbearable.

Well, I knew as soon as I saw this addon that it would make Viaplay raise security just as I stated before... If MPEG Dash still hasn't been encrypted then I recommend you to leave it out and give it up as they will just put back the PlayReady encryption which they used to have on it (Yes, I know shit).

If you do this to learn and have fun, go ahead. Then you're not wasting your time at least.
(2017-04-21, 19:48)imants Wrote: I have subscription to Latvian viaplay version is it possible to watch it using this add-on with my user-name and password?

Hi!

I took a quick look and their API is incompatible with the Nordic sites, so unfortunately this is not going to work. Sad

(2017-04-28, 18:08)Rags32 Wrote: Well, I knew as soon as I saw this addon that it would make Viaplay raise security just as I stated before... If MPEG Dash still hasn't been encrypted then I recommend you to leave it out and give it up as they will just put back the PlayReady encryption which they used to have on it (Yes, I know shit).

If you do this to learn and have fun, go ahead. Then you're not wasting your time at least.

I'm not quite sure why you're so concerned about everything about this project or why you've named yourself cyber police of Viaplay. Obviously, you do not know 'shit' as you haven't even bothered reading the issue on GitHub. What I'm trying to do is implement the Widevine encryption, similarly to what the Netflix plugin does -- meaning that the DRM chain will stay intact.

The only time I'm wasting is responding to your vacuous comments.

Have a good day. Wink
(2017-04-29, 12:08)emilsvennesson Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 19:48)imants Wrote: I have subscription to Latvian viaplay version is it possible to watch it using this add-on with my user-name and password?

Hi!

I took a quick look and their API is incompatible with the Nordic sites, so unfortunately this is not going to work. Sad

(2017-04-28, 18:08)Rags32 Wrote: Well, I knew as soon as I saw this addon that it would make Viaplay raise security just as I stated before... If MPEG Dash still hasn't been encrypted then I recommend you to leave it out and give it up as they will just put back the PlayReady encryption which they used to have on it (Yes, I know shit).

I'm not quite sure why you're so concerned about everything about this project or why you've named yourself cyber police of Viaplay. Obviously, you do not know 'shit' as you haven't even bothered reading the issue on GitHub. What I'm trying to do is implement the Widevine encryption, similarly to what the Netflix plugin does -- meaning that the DRM chain will stay intact.

The only time I'm wasting is responding to your vacuous comments.

Have a good day. Wink

Well you're a very impressive programmer if you manage to implement the Widevine DRM.

Nah, i'm well aware of everything concerning Viaplay so yes I know shit. You're entrance with this plugin made the DRM appear. Before Viasat had no reason to activate it again. Yes, again, because I doubt you've been into this for so long. I have no concerns anymore obviously. It was a warning that for everything you implement, Viasat will raise security yet again in case you don't feel like wasting you're time with things that will work only temporarily.
No sport of any kind plays now, all using DRM I guess Sad
Hello.
I have now spent the weekend trying to get viaplay to work via vpn so i can watch the danish viaplay. I have got it to work straight out of the box for norway, in norway, both with and without using openvpn (expressvpn). I can not get it to work in either swedish or danish through vpn. I have tried with openelec 8, libreelec and now latest osmc. I am running on a raspberry pi3. Is this a known issue, or is it just me having some issues? By the way i do have 2 wireless networks, one going throug a vpn router to denmark. If i connect my apple tv to this , i can watch the danish viaplay. If i connect my raspberry to this i get the same error as if i try with openvpn on the other router.

Any advice is appreciated, best regards Lars
(2017-06-05, 14:03)gaustabl Wrote: Hello.
I have now spent the weekend trying to get viaplay to work via vpn so i can watch the danish viaplay. I have got it to work straight out of the box for norway, in norway, both with and without using openvpn (expressvpn). I can not get it to work in either swedish or danish through vpn. I have tried with openelec 8, libreelec and now latest osmc. I am running on a raspberry pi3. Is this a known issue, or is it just me having some issues? By the way i do have 2 wireless networks, one going throug a vpn router to denmark. If i connect my apple tv to this , i can watch the danish viaplay. If i connect my raspberry to this i get the same error as if i try with openvpn on the other router.

Any advice is appreciated, best regards Lars

Viaplay have added encryption, see this post for more info on that.

If you install a LibreElec 9.0 build by Milhouse from here and use the latest version of the viaplay plugin, available here, you can watch Viaplay again (can't guarantee that everything/anything works though).

You'll also have to SSH into your RPI and run this command to enable support for Widevine DRM:
Code:
curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash
Hello, and thank you for your reply. I have done some more testing, and on a "old" openelec (7, with kodi 16) i got the viaplay plugin to work on both denmark and norway over vpn, but of course sound was missing. I have now tried the latest milhouse build, and viaplay is working in my direct norwegian wan in norwegian. If i connect to my vpn router and try to open any danish content, i get an error. I can watch contents from danish tv, so the "server" reports i am in denmark, and it is working as usual on my apple tv4 connected to the same vpn router. Something strange here....
best regards Lars.

follow up. It seems to work now, jippiiii. What doesn´t work is my Pifi digi+ card with an onboard ir receiver.....Didnt work in openelec or osmc wih kodi 17 either.....

Lars
Hi having problems playing some movies on this addon. some movies work some dont.
no valid link in kodi it says.
Does this addon really work? I've seen the changes have been moved to using inputstream.adaptive + wvdecrypter, but does it really work? No problem at all with opening any streams?
(2017-07-21, 08:28)Rags32 Wrote: Does this addon really work? I've seen the changes have been moved to using inputstream.adaptive + wvdecrypter, but does it really work? No problem at all with opening any streams?

Sports worked when I tested the latest changes a while ago, so I assume the decryption should work for everything else as well.
(2017-07-23, 10:24)0wing Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 08:28)Rags32 Wrote: Does this addon really work? I've seen the changes have been moved to using inputstream.adaptive + wvdecrypter, but does it really work? No problem at all with opening any streams?

Sports worked when I tested the latest changes a while ago, so I assume the decryption should work for everything else as well.

Sadly I have to say the plugin doesn't work since some time. Any chance you might fix it, @emilsvennesson ? We talked about TV to go before. It is now available on the web! Would be great to have in your plugin.
Sorry for being MIA from this thread lately.

A lot of progress has been made since my last post. With the Kodi 18 nightlies and kodi-viaplay from git, everything should be working again. @0wing posted some good instructions in #128 if you'd like to give it a try. There's also an x86 version available of the Millhouse builds. I have also been working on a C More addon that is more or less feature complete. It works in a similar way as the Viaplay addon, so you'll need to have the Widevine library in place for it to function.

(2017-07-23, 22:57)Snaah Wrote: Sadly I have to say the plugin doesn't work since some time. Any chance you might fix it, @emilsvennesson ? We talked about TV to go before. It is now available on the web! Would be great to have in your plugin.

Are you referring to the version available in the Kodi repository or the version from git?

Nice to see that they've added TV to go on the web as well! I'll work on adding that soon. :-)
(2017-07-23, 22:57)Snaah Wrote: Sadly I have to say the plugin doesn't work since some time. Any chance you might fix it, @emilsvennesson ? We talked about TV to go before. It is now available on the web! Would be great to have in your plugin.

Are you referring to the version available in the Kodi repository or the version from git?

Nice to see that they've added TV to go on the web as well! I'll work on adding that soon. :-)
[/quote]

The version in the Kodi repository. Is the git version working?

Nice! Hope you get it done.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viaplay add-on thread6