v16 To play music from external HD
I tried to follow everything I could find on the topic but somehow I can not get to normally play my collection of mp3 files.
I attached the external hard drive to my Kodi machine and I can find it and I scanned the files etc. and I still can not get
party mode etc... Is there an addon that will help with such a task? What am I doing wrong? Can anybody point me in the right
direction and show me step by step how it's done?
I would like to click on my collection folder and have Kodi play all the music from there in random mode.
Thanks in advance. All suggestions are appreciated.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-11, 22:12)boysha Wrote: I tried to follow everything I could find on the topic but somehow I can not get to normally play my collection of mp3 files.
I attached the external hard drive to my Kodi machine and I can find it and I scanned the files etc. and I still can not get
party mode etc... Is there an addon that will help with such a task? What am I doing wrong? Can anybody point me in the right
direction and show me step by step how it's done?
I would like to click on my collection folder and have Kodi play all the music from there in random mode.
Thanks in advance. All suggestions are appreciated.

If you just want to play the files without adding them to the Kodi library, you can usually do this by using Music->Files (the precise way to access this will vary depending on the skin you use).
If you would like to add the files to your library, then you need to create a new 'Source' for your music files, and choose the external HD as a new source to scan.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

A 'scan' does not automatically find files - it only scans files on the 'sources' that you have defined.
Thanks! I think I was looking at that wiki page before and what the problem is - I am using Pulse skin and after I did all that was explained there
I could only play a certain file. I was hoping to pint to my music folder and have Kodi play randomly music from that hard drive. Is that possible?
I am surprised that there is no add-on that will make this type of situation easier and better.
Cheers!
Once you have pointed kodi to your music folder and scanned in your music you can do exactly that. No addons needed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Well, thanks but it just doesn't happen on my Kodi. Thanks anyway.
Have you tried from files menu?
Yes, I did all the steps from wiki... Like I said before, I wish there was an addon specifically for this type of streaming... Cheers!
When looking at the list of songs in your library, play one, then click on the random button (second one from the right) and there you go...

Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thank you. That worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
To play music from external HD0