Help with Start Up and Main Backgrounds
I've combed over this forum and what seems like most of the internet and can't seem to find the answer to this question. I can't find the file I need to edit or the proceed for editing the startup picture and main background image path. I have the backgrounds and thumbnails set for once you get into the build. My question is how can special:// be added to my file path under skin settings>startup>custom image- file path? When I click it it doesn't give me my sources like the others I can only choose from my drives or the home folder so I have to set a path on my PC and I haven't found this editable in any file so I'm at a loss.

I have the same problem with the skin settings>backgrounds settings. I get the same options here.

I really hope some one has the answers. I really love this skin and hope to create more custom builds based on it in the future I just need to get the kinks worked out.

Thanks in advance
not sure what your actually asking so i am going to wing it .
the first one you want to change is this

skin settings>startup>custom image- file path?

yes? if so goto the folder below on the pc and edit the settings file, i use notepad++ for this but what ever app you want to choose

Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\
Settings

the background ones what i do is this
i make a folder in the kodi folder, i normally do it in the userdata folder and put all my backgrounds in there
i then goto file manager and add source and goto the folder
i then edit the link to be something like this
special://userdata/backgrounds/
and then add that source
i then change all my backgrounds to whats in the above folder and sorted

hope this is what you are after

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Start Up and Main Backgrounds0