Letterbox
Hello;

I am watching ripped movies on my Sony 16:9 43 Inch Android Smart TV...but when i play the movies they are all letterboxed with black bars top and bottom...which is very annoying...i know that this is done to make the movie fit for tv screens...but it bothers me alot and i would rather watch all movies in glorious full screen.

Some players have options like zooming and cropping and widescreen and aspect ratio changes...but using all these options only distort the image...making things look even worse then with black bars!...

But...is there a way to remove the top and bottom black bars from the movies...without leaving the movie distorted?...any conversion program/software?...or am i just stuck with those terrible black bars?...

Tks.
Of course it will be distorted, you must either stretch vertically, or lose the edges. Just watch as the director intended.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Letterbox0