XML subtitles Support
Online videos from legitimate sites such as cable networks uses XML subtitles which includes information such as colors, text size, positions (left, middle, right for hearing impaired viewers), etc. However no player supports it and you have to convert it to SRT to view it on Kodi, etc.

Can we add XML subtitle support to KODI player? So all of the additional information is preserved.

Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Hearing Impaired viewers usually prefer subtitles that moves around the screen so we know who is speaking.

Please and thank you.

Possible additional information: https://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/
I see that there are some discussions over at add-on requests for converting dfxp subtitles to srt within kodi. But there is no discussion for adding native support for dfxp subtitles. I really prefer to preserve colour and positions of the words that appear on the screen instead of converting to srt and stripping out all of the added information.

I would think it wouldnt be difficult since this is available on browser players. I want to see this feature on kodi or other device based video player.

Often I could not tell who is speaking when the faces are turned or when the speaker is out of screen. Positional subtitles moves right or left to show who is speaking. This is beneficial to me and other deaf/HoH viewers.

Thank you for your consideration.
I have been patient. Waited 2 years before bumping. Now another 2 months. Not even a reply from devs? Why wouldn't anybody consider adding support for xml subtitles (dfxp format)?
Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XML subtitles Support0