Missing PVR Clients in Kodi - The Sequel
Brick 
March Hare Productions presents:

Your Kodi box and missing PVR clients; an adventure in learning.

Well, first things first; Welcome to the NextPVR forum, I hope you find all of the answers you are looking for!

So, you have a burning desire to cut the cable and get rid of (insert company here).

You get an antenna for your TV for live broadcast and researched OTA recording for your TV shows.
You set up your NextPVR recording backend and get OTA recording working; you’re getting your TV shows.
Life is good!

One of your friends raves about this great box that gives them all of the movies and shows on the internet, for free!
So you get one.

You hook up the android TV box you purchased from (insert retailer here) and try to connect to your backend to watch the shows that you’ve recorded.

You launch Kodi and try to configure TV but get a message that there aren’t any PVR clients installed.
Confusion. You double check everything; nope, no PVR clients are installed.

Next stop; the Kodi Forum!
After reading The Kodi Forum Rules and Piracy Policy (you did, right?) you check out the NextPVR forum to find a solution.

You've come to the right place!

First, the good news; this is a fixable problem!
Now, the bad news; that Kodi ‘build’ you have on your box, has to be uninstalled and an official Kodi build installed.
This won't damage your box in any way and will give you a clean install of Kodi with the PVR clients.

When the retailer you purchased your box from installed Kodi, they chose, for whatever reason, to leave out some functionality; so they removed the PVR clients.
Reinstalling Kodi will get the PVR clients installed and remove any other unexpected additions.

Uninstalling Kodi is as easy as going to the Apps section in Settings, finding Kodi and uninstalling it.
Then, go to The Google Store, search for Kodi and install it!

This will get you the official Kodi build with full functionality while at the same time removing the unsupported Addins which are giving Kodi a bad name in some circles.

Now you will be able to configure TV in Kodi and connect to your NextPVR server and watch your recorded shows!

Happy Day!

I know that this works, because it's what I did to the box that hubby dearest purchased.

Enjoy!

-MH
I sit beside the fire and think, of all that I have seen; of meadow flowers and butterflies, in summers that have been.
But all the while i sit and think, of times there were before, I listen for returning feet, and voices at the door.
What version Kodi did you get?

I am having the same problem on my Windows 10 machine. Kodi 16.1 and 17.0 Alpha 2&3, no option to turn TV. Both downloaded fron Kodi.tv.
At the moment I am in the middle of a complete clean and install.
16.1 Jarvis, that's what I installed.

My system is Windows 7, and the TV box is android, so I don't have any insight to give you on why TV isn't an option.
I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out!

-MH
I sit beside the fire and think, of all that I have seen; of meadow flowers and butterflies, in summers that have been.
But all the while i sit and think, of times there were before, I listen for returning feet, and voices at the door.
I am unsure whether the pvr addons are in the windows builds. I could boot to windows and find out I guess.

If they aren't then they should be installable like any other addon.

@MarchHare thanks for the great post, sorry you had a rough start in the forums. I'm sure you can understand the experienced people (incl team members and mods) get sick of very repetitive questions from people who have been sold something in breach of kodi's trademark rules, and often in breach of copyright.

Cheers and thanks for your perseverence and positive howto post.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-08-15, 22:06)donbrew Wrote: What version Kodi did you get?

I am having the same problem on my Windows 10 machine. Kodi 16.1 and 17.0 Alpha 2&3, no option to turn TV. Both downloaded fron Kodi.tv.
At the moment I am in the middle of a complete clean and install.

The PVR clients are in the Windows build, I checked.

I installed Kodi (16.1 Jarvis) on my Windows 7 machine, one of the steps in the install is choosing which components are to be installed.
PVR Clients is one of the options and is checked by default.
I don't have a Windows 10 machine to run a test on, but the install should be identical.

*Edit: PVR clients are an option in the Windows install regardless of Windows version.

Can anyone else here test that?

A couple questions;

When you try to enable TV, do you get a message that there aren't any PVR clients installed or is the option just not available?

Any luck with the clean install?

I hope you get it figured out.

-MH
(2016-08-15, 23:14)nickr Wrote: I am unsure whether the pvr addons are in the windows builds. I could boot to windows and find out I guess.

@MarchHare thanks for the great post, sorry you had a rough start in the forums. I'm sure you can understand the experienced people (incl team members and mods) get sick of very repetitive questions from people who have been sold something in breach of kodi's trademark rules, and often in breach of copyright.

@nickr Wow, you really know how to compliment a girl.

Just a thought here...

Perhaps someone could create a post, similar to this one and sticky it at the top of the Kodi NextPVR forum so new users won't ask repetitive questions.

That way, they can get their questions answered and at the same time become aware that their version of Kodi might not be supported if it's being used to watch copyrighted material.

They can find out which Repositories and Ad ons are banned.
They can get some information on reinstalling Kodi to get a supported setup and all of the functionality.
And fewer people need to get frustrated or driven away from the forum.

From the number of views on this and my first thread on this subject, several people seem have the same questions.

This could save everyone some time and reduce the frustration levels for everyone involved.

Just a thought and my two cents worth. YMMV

-MH
(2016-08-17, 19:02)MarchHare Wrote:
(2016-08-15, 23:14)nickr Wrote: I am unsure whether the pvr addons are in the windows builds. I could boot to windows and find out I guess.

@nickr Wow, you really know how to compliment a girl.

Just a thought here...

Perhaps someone could create a post, similar to this one and sticky it at the top of the Kodi NextPVR forum so new users won't ask repetitive questions.

That way, they can get their questions answered and at the same time become aware that their version of Kodi might not be supported if it's being used to watch copyrighted material.

They can find out which Repositories and Ad ons are banned.
They can get some information on reinstalling Kodi to get a supported setup and all of the functionality.
And fewer people need to get frustrated or driven away from the forum.

From the number of views on this and my first thread on this subject, several people seem have the same questions.

This could save everyone some time and reduce the frustration levels for everyone involved.

Just a thought and my two cents worth. YMMV

-MH

Hi March Hare

first let me say thanks I had similar experience different forum
same problem don't see PVR Clients option
uninstalled but play store says can't access now try later
then Kodi somehow re installs itself
curious as to your thoughts

I will keep trying your way
(2016-12-06, 07:09)espringer Wrote: Hi March Hare

first let me say thanks I had similar experience different forum
same problem don't see PVR Clients option
uninstalled but play store says can't access now try later
then Kodi somehow re installs itself
curious as to your thoughts

I will keep trying your way

Hi!
I'm sorry it took so long to respond.

If you can't access the install in the Play Store, try downloading it with a browser and running the file from the download directory.

I'm not sure why it would re-install itself, very strange. Perhaps try clearing all of the data for the program before you uninstall it.

Good luck!

-MH
Ive reinstalled Kodi and it now allows me to enable addons but the iptv pvr client M3u play list address is blank.. how do I know what address to put in here
(2016-12-22, 17:56)conwayvm Wrote: Ive reinstalled Kodi and it now allows me to enable addons but the iptv pvr client M3u play list address is blank.. how do I know what address to put in here

You get that from whichever company you have an IPTV subscription to.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing PVR Clients in Kodi - The Sequel0