PVR Recording State indicator in Kodi
Hello pünktchen,

also for the ticket I was asked to try out the latest and gratest. My impression of LibreELEC 7.90.009 with Kodi 17.0 Beta 6 is:
The GUI is completely turned upside down... It may fix some things. But instead I would have tons of more problems...
Regarding VDR integration:
I wasn't able to schedule repeating timers at all. So I don't know if recording state indicators work or not. The Client Specific Menu is not working.
According to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272930 repeating timers (the new timer rules stuff) should work. I try to discuss it there.

I understand that developpers want to work on the new stuff only. But I'm a fan of getting the old, known and good stuff reliably
running before introducing something new.
The older Kodi versions are the versions currently in the stable releases of OE/LE. That is what the people are currently using. These versions would benefit from some bugfixes to get a really nice and stable system...
I would definitely prefer an LE 7.0.3 maintainance release over an LE 8.0 "I don't know what happens to my system" release.

Ciao
Zweikeks
If you have specific problems with the beta versions of LE, you should report it in the appropriate forum section. Otherwise your bugs will not get fixed and will taken over to the release version, which i think is not far away. Beside this no developer will put any energy in fixing bugs in current stable release because it's EOL.

I'm on Windows and for me only one pvr issue is left (playback of in progress recordings). I'm only waiting for the code to be merged into one of the next nightlies. So no thought about going back to an older beta or even Jarvis.
(2016-12-10, 19:13)pünktchen Wrote: I'm on Windows and for me only one pvr issue is left (playback of in progress recordings). I'm only waiting for the code to be merged into one of the next nightlies.

We have a fix for this? Fantastic!
(2016-12-10, 20:50)mcelliott Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 19:13)pünktchen Wrote: I'm on Windows and for me only one pvr issue is left (playback of in progress recordings). I'm only waiting for the code to be merged into one of the next nightlies.

We have a fix for this? Fantastic!
It's in the last nightly, but unfortunately it's still not working for me [emoji25]
I'm not aware of a fix for this that recently went into the pvr core. Must be something add-on specify, then?
@pünktchen: To be honest, I'm still not able to reproduce your issue.
My changes to the plugin are only adding more logging and adding a fallback if either the file name or the recording URL is missing.

Note that there is also a new version of the TVServerKodi plugin with additional logging and exception handling for fetching the recording details. Please make sure that you update your plugin to version 1.15.0.136.

Based on your short log snippet attached to the GitHub issue, I can only see that the backend does not return a filename and a RTSP url. This of course means that there is nothing to play.
I currently don't know the reason for these empty fields since I don't have the corresponding TVServer.log file.

If it still fails even with the latest nightly and TVServerKodi plugin, please post a debug Kodi.log file and also the corresponding TVServer.log file from your backend on pastebin.
Hopefully this will help us further in getting this resolved.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Will do this tonight. The Misses is watching now...
Regarding the original topic of this thread see my conclusion here: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17111#ticket

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Recording State indicator in Kodi0