Bug Krypton pre-B1 m3u playlist bad path
I created an M3U playlist (outside of Kodi) containing 20 tracks from a local music file store (not in a Kodi music source).

I opened the playlist in MyMusicNav (music window) from the music playlist node. I have the parent (..) entry at the top of my listings.

The first song in the playlist -- Container.CurrentItem = 1 returns an incorrect ListItem.Path, namely:

Special://Profile/Playlists/Music/F:/MusicF/Elvis Presley/Elvis Christmas/

The remainder of the songs in the playlist return the correct ListItem.Path eg:

F:/MusicF/Chase/Pure Music/

Container.FolderName = 20 random.m3u
and
Container.FolderPath = Special://Profile/Playlists/Music/20 random.m3u

I can't open the songinformation dialog and the thumb isn't displayed in the music window ffor the first song, and when the first song is selected, nothing happens (when "play next auto" is on, the second song plays).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Scott M3U playlists are not my thing, but I tried to look at this and didn't even get as far as opening the m3u list Sad

From Music > Playlists > New Playlist... when I try to Open playlist just get stuck with browsing Library://music items. Not sure what is happening, or even what should be happening, but this can't be right.

I don't have time at the moment to check this any further (if someone would like to volunteer?), but a blow by blow comparison with how it works in Jarvis, assuming that it does, could help. I don't think is relates to anything I have changed in music corner either, hence the issue isn't obvious to me.
This playlist broken in Jarvis, so nothing you did. Will do some more testing.

scott s.
OK I found the problem. PlayListM3U.cpp Load function doesn't handle the case where the m3u file encoding is UTF-8 with BOM. Removing the BOM fixed it (AFAIK, using BOM is default encoding behavior in Windows).

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16851

scott s.
Thanks for that Scott. Yet to find out why playlist file access is totaly cooked on my dev version, but will try to pick up that toicket if I get the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton pre-B1 m3u playlist bad path0