Hi-res audio playback
Video 
It seems to me, the solution is having Kodi on Android be able to see an external DAC / AVR and send it a bit stream for bit perfect playback.
This works fine with other players on Android like HiByMusic, DSD or 192/24 plays back via my USB DAC just fine from Android 5.0.1 on an older Samsung S4.

Just as is does with Kodi on Linux, it sees my Marantz 1604 as a sound card and I get 96/24 x 6 channels via HDMI. In fact I've not had any trouble getting bit perfect playback on Android, or Kodi/Linux. So why can't Kodi on Android see my external DAC like other Apps do?

There's some pics here showing DSD / 192/24 playback on Android:

http://crhhome.blogspot.com/2016/10/mobile-audio.html
Does anyone use the Fire Tv  4K stick for Hi Res Audio?

The reason I ask is that that the Fire Tv 4K can do Flac 24-bit at 48kHz, but it can do PCM 24-bit at 96kHz.
Looks like no one uses Hi Res audio on the Fire Stick 4K, will look for another device that is capable.
(2019-02-25, 16:31)Bobsmaginty Wrote: Does anyone use the Fire Tv  4K stick for Hi Res Audio?

The reason I ask is that that the Fire Tv 4K can do Flac 24-bit at 48kHz, but it can do PCM 24-bit at 96kHz.
 All sorted now.
Using the Firestick Second Generation for hi-res audio and the specs from the Amazon page show the 4K version (as all) output up to 96K 24 bit.

Running tube monoblock amps with McIntosh LS340 speakers and the results are outstanding.

Feeding the Firestick II via DLNA wireless from an old Macbook Pro runing Audirvana. I use Air Receiver and Air Screen as the DLNA software to receive the PCM audio from Audirvana. The Firestick goes to a DAC, nothing great; actually quite inexpensive: Orei DA34. 

The results are absolutely outstanding in 24/96 audio, the PCM limit for all the Amazon Fire devices. It's very good through Kodi but not as good. Also run optical audio out cable on occasion direct from the Macbook Pro /Audirvana (direct mode) to the DAC. IMHO, the best sound is running Air Screen then Air Receiver through the Firestick. 

This is easily the best audio system I've ever run in my home.
(2019-03-10, 18:28)Horsey Wrote: Using the Firestick Second Generation for hi-res audio and the specs from the Amazon page show the 4K version (as all) output up to 96K 24 bit.

Running tube monoblock amps with McIntosh LS340 speakers and the results are outstanding.

Feeding the Firestick II via DLNA wireless from an old Macbook Pro runing Audirvana. I use Air Receiver and Air Screen as the DLNA software to receive the PCM audio from Audirvana. The Firestick goes to a DAC, nothing great; actually quite inexpensive: Orei DA34. 

The results are absolutely outstanding in 24/96 audio, the PCM limit for all the Amazon Fire devices. It's very good through Kodi but not as good. Also run optical audio out cable on occasion direct from the Macbook Pro /Audirvana (direct mode) to the DAC. IMHO, the best sound is running Air Screen then Air Receiver through the Firestick. 

This is easily the best audio system I've ever run in my home.
Thanks Horsey, that's great information.

I'll be using Kodi 18 (Fire Stick 4K) with Flac audio files, some which are 24/96 and going straight to my Sony STR-DH790 which is Hi Res capable. Hope the Fire stick uses passthrough to the amp.

Thanks
Is there some reason I cannot get my CD music dumps stored in Apple's ALAC container to play at the correct 16/44.1 rate?  My AVR shows 48kHz except when I run DTS WAV files and then it magically shifts to 44.1kHz.  I realize this thread talks about "hires" issues with KODI over Android, but 16/44.1 isn't "hires".  If I select DSP "ON" it will show 44.1 but over 7.1 channels (multi-channel out).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hi-res audio playback0