[Kodi 15+] Enigma 1 / tuxbox protocol
Hi,

Main pages: Kodi v15 (Isengard) changelog and Isengard API changes
[..]
Removed internal TuxBox (Dreambox/DBox2/Vu+/Enigma1/2) VFS client code in favor of external PVR Client Addons

I understand the intend of simplifying the code. For newer Dreamboxes one can may be use the Add-on:VU+ / Enigma2 Client. But I have a old dreambox 7000 which has only enigma1 interface.

I tried the VU+ Addon and fail.

Any advice?

js
You have an ancient enigma1 receiver that is over 13 years old now.
It will not receive support from (m)any coders nowadays, i suspect.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-08-19, 18:58)Raitsa Wrote: You have an ancient enigma1 receiver that is over 13 years old now.

I don't want any new code. I want only the 50(?) lines back which had been in kodi 14.
(2016-08-19, 20:15)js_mr Wrote:
(2016-08-19, 18:58)Raitsa Wrote: You have an ancient enigma1 receiver that is over 13 years old now.

I don't want any new code. I want only the 50(?) lines back which had been in kodi 14.

it's not really 50 lines of code to re-add to core now. if vuplus client does not support the old enigma1 protocol, you should try find someone to write a pvr client addon that supports it Wink

EDIT: in fact. it was 2k+ LoC removed.
(2016-08-19, 20:27)stefansaraev Wrote:
(2016-08-19, 20:15)js_mr Wrote:

it's not really 50 lines of code to re-add to core now. if vuplus client does not support the old enigma1 protocol, you should try find someone to write a pvr client addon that supports it Wink

Thanks boys for the encourage. I will try to get an image of openelec with kodi 14 to run on my pi3.

(2016-08-19, 20:27)stefansaraev Wrote: EDIT: in fact. it was 2k+ LoC removed.

I don't know if the core is compiled (use kody ony one week), but if you save 1000 times this one would get one mp3 more on the disc Angel
Look kodi is open source, and you seem immensely knowledgeable about the impact of code removal and reintroduction, so why not fork the code, add the code back, and be happy. Or (probably easier) develop a pvr addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are there any way to make a vote about this feature? For me it is also very important, so now I need to use the old version of Kodi just because of this feature! Please give us this back!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 15+] Enigma 1 / tuxbox protocol2