Place "The" at the end of the Titles?
I think I saw this option before, but can't find it now. Is there a way to sort the library titles, so that "The" gets placed at the end of the title instead?
can't say i've ever seen that ? but i know the "ignore articles when sorting" (in Appearance > File List)

will ignore the "the" eg. The Dark Knight will be sorted under "D" but the filename remains the same
To add what SeVreN2013 said you can also add additional articles to have it ignore when sorting by using AdvancedSettings (an xml you have to create), for example I have it ignore the words "The, the, A, a, An, an" so that the go to their proper location (movie A Walk in the Clouds is in the Ws and not the As)
Code:
    <sorttokens>
        <token>the</token>
        <token>a</token>
        <token>an</token>
        <token>The</token>
        <token>A</token>
        <token>An</token>
    </sorttokens>
Can someone please further elaborate on isamu.dragon's response?
What is the name of the xml file to be created and where does it get placed within the Kodi directory structure?

Thanks
LC
advancedsettings.xml (wiki) which needs to be placed in your userdata (wiki) folder.

More info is available on the wiki, or will be when the server's up again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
'advancedsettings.xml'
It sits in the root of the userdata folder.
If you look in the wiki when it comes back up you'll find a big section detailing what the file can do.

Edit: I'd delete this as being superfluous if it was possible.
'You do not have permission to access this page. '
Well the server's still down. I placed advancedsettings.xml in userdata (same spot as guisettings.xml and favourites.xml), cleared out the cache and restarted Kodi but no joy. The A's and An's are still not sorting as desired (though the The's are sorting okay).

So I can wait for the server to come back, but if you have any hints in the meantime they will be appreciated.

LC
The Wayback Machine copy of the page from the start of the month may help somewhat - section 2.3.4 there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's back.
And the secret is...
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<sorttokens>
    <token>the</token>
    <token>a</token>
    <token>an</token>
    <token>The</token>
    <token>A</token>
    <token>An</token>
</sorttokens>
</advancedsettings>
I didn't know about the <advancedsettings> bracketed statement but now I do.
Thanks all
LC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Place "The" at the end of the Titles?0