• 66(current)
Release Aeon MQ 7 - Jarvis
Hi, I finally decided to upgrade to Jarvis (and MQ7 and also upgrade MySQL) and ran into some weird stuff along the way. I have been trying to figure this out for a little under 2 weeks.... Kodi abuses MySQL like crazy.... It will read from the idb files and write to the ibtmp1 file for 10 minutes to multiple hours depending on how much stuff is loaded when it happens.

After alot of testing and reloading I am now able to recreate the weirdness on demand.

I start with a fresh install of Jarvis.
I will load MQ7 and one of my sources (in this case some shows - 48 with 4000 eps). The order of loading seems irrelevant.
I can then go and browse the main menu, go into TVShows and all and everything is fine.
Then I go to Customize Main menu and start loading a Smart Playlist as a main menu item. When I press enter to confirm my choice of Playlist, the raping starts. It only happens when I load a playlist that actually returns videos. If I load a playlist that its source isn't loaded yet, everything is fine. Also if I load in a sub menu, things are OK.

I've tried downgrading MySQL from 17 to 10 (which I was running on Isengard).
I've tried MQ6 and MQ5 (mods)
I've tried changing many options in Kodi and MQ7/6/5 (too many to remember off hand)

In the beginning I was loading all my playlists first (normally I configure the whole system first) then I was loading all my sources. The abuse seemed to start when I would navigate the main menu or upon restart.

Most people might not see this since they might not use MySQL. Hearing my HDD work like crazy was a dead giveaway. I since then separated the idb files and the data folder on different drives to be nice to my HDD.

Anyway, is this common behavior? Can I expect this abuse often? If I change a playlists for the same playlists, it starts all over again.... Will this happen on library update? That might be a killer when all is loaded!

I am done pulling my hair out on this one, I would greatly like to use Jarvis and MQ7 (really nice work, BTW, Thanks) but I don't know if I should.... Having multiple Kodi installs won't be too good for my HDDs.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. I am outta my league on this one Sad

I hope I didn't leave out any relevant info. If I did, let me know what/where/how, I will see what I can do to deliver it.

Thanks
CSC

Edit - Forgot to mention - Running LibreELEC 7.0.3 on a Pi2b. Also I am starting to think I overreacted on this one. Gonna try with Isengard to see what happens. I keep telling myself that if this happened when I upgraded to Isengard, I would have noticed it....
OK I tested with OpenELEC 6.0.3 Isengard and MQ6, the same steps listed above does cause Kodi to read from the DB but for only 20 seconds or so and the HDD usage is a lot softer. The network usage is also quite higher.
Maybe this is not specifically an MQ7 thing.
Unfortunately I am still at a loss.

CSC

Thanks for taking the time to read my blabber.
Pardon the bump, but thought I might ask again, in case my question was just overlooked. Thanks!

(2017-01-14, 01:34)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Love this skin so much! About the only real "problem" I have these days is the continual swap from the "Show Art" view to "Right List", used for TV Shows, for no apparent reason. It's random, but happens all the time. If anyone ever figures out the cause (I haven't run across the answer in the thread thus far), I would LOVE to know the answer,

The reason I'm here today, though, is to find out if it would be possible to add a "Remove from Library" option to the Movie Info screen? To me, it could be an additional button, or it could replace one, such as the "Get Writer Info" button. I'm using the Multiplex vew, if that makes any difference.

Here's an example of how I think it could work.

Hi guys, I'm not 100% sure if my question is skin related, but I guess it is. If not, my apologies. Is there a way to change the black background image for movies, that haven't been added to the library, but can be accessed by browsing through the files folder? It works fine for the poster(.jpg), but I can't figure out how to do this for the background. Naming the image file fanart.jpg or folder.jpg does not seem to work. Anyone?

Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@MB1968, tested here with local files and in one NAS, in all I have fanart.

Before include item in database:

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2017-01-30, 05:02)Wanilton Wrote: @MB1968, tested here with local files and in one NAS, in all I have fanart.

Before include item in database:

Wanilton I've already pointed this behavior few pages before, I do have the same problem with movies already stored in the DB, when i start Kodi everything is just fine, but when I start playing a movie and then stop it, then I have black background in movies, tv series and music section. The only way to get it working again is to close and open Kodi again. I know you don't have this issue but for me and some (few) other users the problem is there. I would like to start configuring Kodi from scratch when v.17 will come out but I miss time so I don't know if and when I'll do this, but I guess is a problem skin related.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
@Wanilton. Which xml is responsible for the background in this section of the skin. I'm also using Dolguldur's MediaInfo Mod. I'm wondering if it caused by the default skin or Dolguldurs mod. It's not a big issue. Fanart in the library works fine for me.
Windows 11 Pro

(2017-01-30, 10:25)MB1968 Wrote: @Wanilton. Which xml is responsible for the background in this section of the skin. I'm also using Dolguldur's MediaInfo Mod. I'm wondering if it caused by the default skin or Dolguldurs mod. It's not a big issue. Fanart in the library works fine for me.

In my case I don't have Dolguldur mod so I can't say that the problem comes from there

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
That can also count for me. Your background issue is not exactly the same as mine. The fanart backgrounds in the movie and series library remain visible when I pause or stop the video.
Windows 11 Pro

@Wanilton....You've told me you do not work much with the Rom Collection Browser, but you might be able to help me with this one:

When I start RCB, it begins loading the game list, while it is doing this, using the default view, it displays LOADING GAMES... on the right bottom pf the screen.

Here is my issue, the screen background is almost black, and the font color is so dark, it is barely visible.I have search through the RCB files and the 1080i files searching for "loading games" and cannot find where it is getting it from.

When using Confluence skin, it does not use words but rather displays the numbers it is on, I.E. - 125 / 3500.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2017-01-28, 17:35)MB1968 Wrote: Hi guys, I'm not 100% sure if my question is skin related, but I guess it is. If not, my apologies. Is there a way to change the black background image for movies, that haven't been added to the library, but can be accessed by browsing through the files folder? It works fine for the poster(.jpg), but I can't figure out how to do this for the background. Naming the image file fanart.jpg or folder.jpg does not seem to work. Anyone?
You probably activate reserve fanart radio-button with no path for single image.

switch to default fanart

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
No I did not. These options from the topmenu are only visible in the movies or series library for me. When I go to (All)Files and open Art from the topmenu, I only see Animated Fanart and Show Video in Background. No option to enable reserve fanart or to enter the path for the single image.
Windows 11 Pro

Movie-Sets is not displaying DiscArt
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Work for me, images are old, but continue fine.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2017-02-01, 13:57)Wanilton Wrote: Work for me, images are old, but continue fine.

I am using the Krypton MOD could that be the issue?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 - Jarvis13