• 73(current)
Release Aeon MQ 7 - Jarvis
I have a question, I know how to use Favorites to build custom menus. I'm using this with combination of Super Favorites to a navigation screen. But is there some way that I could link directly to a Super Favorites "category" (I'm building menu folders that associate to a favorite).

The reason I'm asking is because I would want to use the standard favorites to bookmark stuf and I don't want it clutter with the menu items.
Ignore my previous question. I solved this by my own Smile. I figured out that you can use nodes to accomplish this.
How can I change View Type? Under View Options/ Change View I don't have viewtypes...
Also If I select Trakt.tv shows or movies I don't have posters.
Okay I found where, but I cannot change from Right List. Going left or right does nothing. Help?
(2017-09-09, 13:06)sahara Wrote: Okay I found where, but I cannot change from Right List. Going left or right does nothing. Help?
When you see Right List, arrow up again and select views you would like to activate.
(2016-08-26, 15:18)Wanilton Wrote: Structure folder for music:

ImageImage

Level Adele (artist) you need folder extrafanart, with artist images inside for cycle fanarts.

Only need set path for music folder and active option show artist/album art.
I take advantage of this post to point out the following no correct behaviour (imo) of music library for albums with more than one CD.
Now take the "19 (expanded edition) (2008)" album of Adele as reference...
both the 2 CDs contain the same <musicBrainzAlbumID>9105a5b3-eb68-3a03-9aa8-f3495e602a4f</musicBrainzAlbumID>, for these reasons, even if the 2 CDs have different sub-folders or the tracks belonging to different CDs could have a different Album title (ex. 19-CD1 (2008) and 19-CD2 (2008)), in the music library view, the Album is always displayed with only one item containing all the tracks of both the CDs.
In such a way I have the 4 following issues:
  1) you loose the right tracks order. You don't have, in fact, the list of tracks of CD1 and only then the list of tracks of CD2 but you have the 1st songs of each CD, then the 2nd tracks of each CD and so on
  2) you loose the possibility to view the discart of CD2, in fact, only the discart of CD1 appears for all the tracks of the Album
  3) exporting the music library, you have only an .nfo file for the Album created into the CD1 folder instead of two different .nfo file, one for each CD folder. The .nfo file is no correct too. In fact after creating the right .nfo file for CD1, the same .nfo file is modified with tracks of CD2... the result is a wrong .nfo file with a merge of tracks of both the CDs
  4) exporting the music library, if you have an Artist with only a multi-CDs Album the .nfo file for the Artist is not created into the Artist folder but wrongly into the Album folder. The error of point 3) happens as well

A behaviour like TV Show (for each TV Show you have a sub-folder for each Season) would be desiderable for music too. In such a way, an album with more than one CD, once imported into the music library, would be displayed with one folder for each CD, I would find into each CD folder the tracks of only that CD in the right order and, when selected that CD folder or any track of the CD into that folder, the right discart would be simply displayed too

Is it possibile to solve the issue using the proposed solution (TV Show like) or is it available something else of already available in Kodi for correctly managing multi-CDs Albums?

Tks in advance
First off, this is a beautiful skin! I have gotten around some of the issues I was having, but I have one that I just cannot figure out for the life of me!

I am running on my AndroidTV box (mi box) and on other skins, I have set up a link from my menu to open up an ATV App. For instance:

Music
Submenu: Audio Addict | Pandoki | Google Play Music

Movies
Submenu: Library | Google Play Movies | Netflix | Vudu

In the examples above, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies, Netflix, and Vudu would link to my ATV App and open it up....

HOWEVER, when I'm using MQ7, I add the link in the submenu, and when I click it, nothing happens.

I'm saving the link to the app as a favorite, and if I go to the favorites menu by itself, I can launch the app directly, so I know that it's working within the Kodi environment, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't launch from a submenu.

I've tried googling things, I have no idea what to do, does anyone have any suggestions?
Hi Jumpy73,

The way I have found to get things displaying and playing correctly is to prefix the track number in my file names with the disc number, e.g.

album folder
   CD1 folder
      1-1. Artist - Track.mp3
      1-2. Artist - Track.mp3
      cdart.png
   CD2 folder
      2-1. Artist - Track.mp3
      2-2. Artist - Track.mp3
      cdart.png
folder.jpg

Also tag your discs using the 'Discnumber' tag e.g a three disc set will have first disc tagged with 1/3 the second with 2/3 and the third with 3/3.

Then in Kodi you need to go to Settings / Media Settings / Music - and change the Track Naming Template to suit the naming convention of your files, so for the above  [%S-%N.] %A - %T

full list of available values can be found on the wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Music

With this setup the cdart automatically changes with each disc number (if you have cdart.png in each CD folder).

Hope this helps.

Esky.
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
Kodi music library is undergoing big changes for ver 18.  But regardless, music library is tag-oriented, not filename nor folder layout.  Tagging is becoming more conformant with the concepts of the Musicbrainz database, though not 100%.  The basic entry is the "release" which has a "type" such as album.  Historically Kodi/xbmc have treated release type of "single" as different from "album", but that distinction may no longer be meaningful.  For purposes of online scraping or nfo, "album" is associated with what Musicbrainz calls a "release group".  Every release belongs to a single group, but a group can have more than one release.  This could be eg vinyl or CD media of the identical tracks.  In Kodi, mulitple media for a release are only recognized via "discnumber" tag.  You can put tracks from a medium in a single folder or per/medium folder and it doesn't matter to the library, but there is a difference in how Kodi looks for local nfo and art (as an aside, Kodi 18 will allow unlimited art types for "albums" stored in the library database).   At present Kodi just assumes that multi-media release is just medium 1, medium 2, etc, with no concept of individual medium titles or art.  This might be called the "boxed-set" problem.  With the new art type feature in Kodi 18, it should be possible to define a discart1, discart2 etc but art providers and skins would have to agree on the naming (just like with other custom types like logo, clearlogo, etc).

For naming convention, instead of [%S-%N.] %A - %T  you might want to try [%S-][%N. ]%A - %T this way discnumber and the dash only show when discnumber exists (personally, I remove discnumber from single-disc release tags as I don't like the clutter).

As an aside, Kodi 18 allows artist information (art and nfo) to be moved out of the music source folder tree and this can help in the case of multi album artists, track or feature artists, etc.  The main problem I see so far is if you use artist extrafanart folders, in some cases you  must convert the artist name string to the format Kodi uses for folder look-up (i.e., Kodi converts illegal path characters to "underscore" and provides a suffix derived from Musicbrainz artist ID when more than one artist exists with identical name string).

scott s.
This is an amazing skin. It's everything I want from a skin. However only one thing I'm having trouble with. I can get animated posters to work fine, but I can't seems.to get it to show animated fanart. I've tried everything I can think of without any result. Anyone have any tips or tricks that might help.

Thanks.
Firstly thanks for an amazing skin, my current favorite (replacing many years of Aeon Nox). I have an issue with my install on all my machines it does not show any ratings (https://ibb.co/iD0wfn) I dont know if I'm being stupid but I can't seem to get this right. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? I have everything set up correctly in the universal scraper (including my omdb api)
Best skin out there.  Amazing customization options and just a clean overall build.  I love it! Thank you.
I notice a problem...

When a video is playing... if you press "C" to open the contextual menu, the screen goes "black"
Video is still playing, but it looks like the overlay for the context menu is missing or something ...

Doing the exact same thing when using the default Kodi skin works just fine...

FYI, I'm trying to access the Video Playlist function...
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 - Jarvis13