Song sorting order
I am back to 16.1 to allow MrMC compatibility. So, this may already been resolved? If not, let me share two potential bugs:

1) Albums with more than one disk don't "sort" the songs properly in Kodi. I.e., it shows 1-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, ... instead of 1-1, 1-2, ... 2-1, 2.2 ...

2) Over UPNP, the sorting is alphabetically and not by track at all. I.e., 1-5 AAA, 1-2 CCC, 1-11 DDD, ...

Thanks for your help!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
For 1) make sure you have sort by track selected in the side blade menu.
Perfect, solved. Thanks!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-08-25, 15:05)jjd-uk Wrote: Since it appears Dave will be introducing the sort tags then it makes sense to me to have the sort criteria configurable in the settings, so you could have:

Configure "Sort by Date" to use: Release date / Recording date

Release date uses TDRL and falls back to TYER if not present
Recording date uses TDRC and falls back to TYER if not present

Happy with making this configurable, that is also how my use of artist sort name etc. implementation works. However it does get harder when it comes to passing this out to the JSON API. As I understand the principles from Montellese the API needs to be independant of the effects of user system settings that it can not change. That is it will need to be able to set whether it is using release date or recording date.

Do we follow Picard and have (release) date (TDRC/DATE) and original release date (TDOR/ORIGINALDATE), or do we also have TDRL and if so what Vorbis tag is equivalent?

The way sorthing works it needs a populated field of data, and is not able to fallback to another value in the middle of sorting, so we are talking about adding 2 (or 3) fields to the data stored and deciding how they are populated when the file tags are scanned. This also means a database conversion from Year values to full date values when upgrading.... Just thinking aloud really.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Song sorting order0