• 115(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-04-18, 23:37)jrod10133 Wrote: @Wintermute0110 Smile thanks for your reply i was able to loadup my roms i really appreciate your help im sorry about this i have another Huh how do i scrape artwork for the roms

Currently the scrapers do not work in 0.9.7. The only way to use artwork is to download the artwork collections, place in the appropriate directories, and rescan for the artwork in the launcher context menu. You have links in the first post of the thread and also in AML thread if you use MAME. Note that the Retroarch artwork collection in Github should be OK for most users.

I was talking recently with collaborators, and we decided it is better to release a 0.9.8 version with some fixes (including the scrapers) before 0.10.0. 0.10.0 is going to be a mayor upgrade and will take more time than expected, so I will do more releases in the 0.9.x series for Leia and focus the release 0.10.0 for M****
(2019-04-19, 09:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 23:37)jrod10133 Wrote: @Wintermute0110 Smile thanks for your reply i was able to loadup my roms i really appreciate your help im sorry about this i have another Huh how do i scrape artwork for the roms

Currently the scrapers do not work in 0.9.7. The only way to use artwork is to download the artwork collections, place in the appropriate directories, and rescan for the artwork in the launcher context menu. You have links in the first post of the thread and also in AML thread if you use MAME. Note that the Retroarch artwork collection in Github should be OK for most users.

I was talking recently with collaborators, and we decided it is better to release a 0.9.8 version with some fixes (including the scrapers) before 0.10.0. 0.10.0 is going to be a mayor upgrade and will take more time than expected, so I will do more releases in the 0.9.x series for Leia and focus the release 0.10.0 for M**** 

screenscrapper french support will be added to the next 9.X release or shall we wait for the 1.0 ?
Regards
I'm having difficulty integrating a bash script launcher into AEL.  I've tried versions 0.9.7 & 0.9.8.  The bash script works when I use it on the old advanced launcher.  The bash also works fine if I type it in at command terminal.  At first I tried importing my launcher.xml file from advanced launcher - it detected all games but nothing launched.  I figured it was a snafu so I removed my userdata folder and installed one single launcher and scanned for roms.  The AEL picks up the roms but they won't launch.  If it matters, I'm using ubuntu 18.04, kodi v18.1.  Six hours of troubleshooting is hitting my limit, lol.  I'm probably doing something extremely stupid.  See link below for the kodi.log files for two different flavors of AEL.  Please advise. Thanks!

paste.kodi.tv link
(2019-04-19, 14:55)yevaman44 Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 09:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

screenscrapper french support will be added to the next 9.X release or shall we wait for the 1.0 ?
Regards

Maybe, but I don't promise anything. It is in the TODO list.
(2019-04-20, 14:59)tommyp Wrote: I'm having difficulty integrating a bash script launcher into AEL.  I've tried versions 0.9.7 & 0.9.8.  The bash script works when I use it on the old advanced launcher.  The bash also works fine if I type it in at command terminal.  At first I tried importing my launcher.xml file from advanced launcher - it detected all games but nothing launched.  I figured it was a snafu so I removed my userdata folder and installed one single launcher and scanned for roms.  The AEL picks up the roms but they won't launch.  If it matters, I'm using ubuntu 18.04, kodi v18.1.  Six hours of troubleshooting is hitting my limit, lol.  I'm probably doing something extremely stupid.  See link below for the kodi.log files for two different flavors of AEL.  Please advise. Thanks!

paste.kodi.tv link

Make sure your shell script has an initial line like this

Code:
#!/bin/bash

or

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Like in this example from the AEL asset library.
Thanks Wintermute0110.  What you recommended was what I needed to fix!  I'm golden now.  Thanks!!!
(2019-04-20, 23:31)tommyp Wrote: Thanks Wintermute0110.  What you recommended was what I needed to fix!  I'm golden now.  Thanks!!!

Nice to see another Ubuntu user. Enjoy that tg16 shmup action. I have always used
bash:
#!/bin/bash
but recently changed to 
bash:
#!/usr/bin/env bash
after seeing this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1037...sh-shebang
(2019-04-08, 17:58)Mysticalp Wrote: I have been working for a while on an exporter from LaunchBox data into AEL and thought I would probably help someone if I sent the link here. Maybe it could even be added directly to AEL in some way.

The link is https://github.com/jmriego/emulation
The basic instructions are to download that repo, create a config.ini based on the config.ini.example and then run LaunchBox2AEL.py

It should export everything from LaunchBox and let AEL access the images in the LaunchBox folders directly
I use that to have categories, launchers and games populated as easily as possible
Hi Mysticalp, I am getting the following error, not sure if you could see anything that I may have wrong from this error?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Launchbox2AEL.py", line 87, in <module>
    write_files(categories, launchers)
  File "Launchbox2AEL.py", line 69, in write_files
    tree.write(f_rom_base_noext, pretty_print=True)
  File "src\lxml\etree.pyx", line 2048, in lxml.etree._ElementTree.write
  File "src\lxml\serializer.pxi", line 721, in lxml.etree._tofilelike
  File "src\lxml\serializer.pxi", line 780, in lxml.etree._create_output_buffer
  File "src\lxml\serializer.pxi", line 770, in lxml.etree._create_output_buffer
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I made sure Launchbox Dir and AEL Dir were correct in config.ini

Thanks
Tony
hey im getting an error i cant add my roms from external hd on the shield tv pic1 pic2
(2019-05-08, 05:55)jrod10133 Wrote: hey im getting an error i cant add my roms from external hd on the shield tv pic1 pic2

The error is because Kodi (and hence AEL) does not have permission to access the files on the external hard disk. Anybody with Android skills can help?
(2019-05-08, 05:55)jrod10133 Wrote: hey im getting an error i cant add my roms from external hd on the shield tv pic1pic2
When you mount a storage on the Shield that particular mount will be read-only. This is of course no issue for the emulators reading the roms to play. In Kodi itself you can use network paths to access remote storage, but those wont work for the local emulators because it is only available within kodi. If I am correct based on the pics you were creating a new launcher at that moment. During that process it will also create all the asset folders where you can put your images in (or scrape). This will conflict with the read-only mount of course.

To overcome this during the create launcher wizard use the android storage mount as the path to your roms and use normal kodi network paths (smb / nfs) to that same folder as the assets paths.
This way AEL will be able to write/alter those folders and emulators will still have access to the roms.
(2019-05-08, 10:05)chrisism Wrote:
(2019-05-08, 05:55)jrod10133 Wrote: hey im getting an error i cant add my roms from external hd on the shield tv pic1pic2
When you mount a storage on the Shield that particular mount will be read-only. This is of course no issue for the emulators reading the roms to play. In Kodi itself you can use network paths to access remote storage, but those wont work for the local emulators because it is only available within kodi. If I am correct based on the pics you were creating a new launcher at that moment. During that process it will also create all the asset folders where you can put your images in (or scrape). This will conflict with the read-only mount of course.

To overcome this during the create launcher wizard use the android storage mount as the path to your roms and use normal kodi network paths (smb / nfs) to that same folder as the assets paths.
This way AEL will be able to write/alter those folders and emulators will still have access to the roms. 
ok i understand i got it scanning for my roms now Smile Thanks! one more thing do i have to download all the artwork for my roms is no way i could do this in kodi and if so i want to use Libretro GitHub collection of artwork but i dont want to download all the artwork from the github just the system i need n64,snes,nes

@Wintermute0110 Thanks Smile Cool
Hi Wintermute0110,

Wondered if you could help me setup AEL - I used the previous AL a few years ago and now having another look at it along with Retroplayer in Kodi. I'm running Kodi Leia 18.1 on Windows. My understanding is that now on Leia final, I don't need to add anything else, apart from choosing the emulator, to play certain systems' games, but before I get that far I don't seem to be able to add roms to AEL. I can add them to the Kodi Game Library but would prefer to have them in AEL and see what it looks like. They work from the games library and IAGL works fine as well.

The same thing happens whether I add an external emulator or select Retroplayer - I add the Rom Launcher and then try to Scan for New Roms but get an error message. Excerpt of log file below - let us know if you would need the full log instead;

pumivifibi.kodi (paste)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
(2019-05-14, 20:07)Buff Wrote: Hi Wintermute0110,

Wondered if you could help me setup AEL - I used the previous AL a few years ago and now having another look at it along with Retroplayer in Kodi. I'm running Kodi Leia 18.1 on Windows. My understanding is that now on Leia final, I don't need to add anything else, apart from choosing the emulator, to play certain systems' games, but before I get that far I don't seem to be able to add roms to AEL. I can add them to the Kodi Game Library but would prefer to have them in AEL and see what it looks like. They work from the games library and IAGL works fine as well.

The same thing happens whether I add an external emulator or select Retroplayer - I add the Rom Launcher and then try to Scan for New Roms but get an error message. Excerpt of log file below - let us know if you would need the full log instead;

pumivifibi.kodi (paste)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

What version of AEL are you using? Yeah, if you have further problems please put the full debug log (enable debug in AEL but not in Kodi to not clutter the log).

Scrapers (except the offline metadata) are not working at the moment in AEL 0.9.7 so it's a good idea to disable them in the addon settings for the scanner. Anyway, the crash you are getting should not happen (it's a bug). In AEL settings, ROM scraping tab, set "Metadata scraper" and "MAME metadata scraper" to "Offline scraper".
(2019-05-15, 07:34)Wintermute0110 Wrote: What version of AEL are you using? Yeah, if you have further problems please put the full debug log (enable debug in AEL but not in Kodi to not clutter the log).

Scrapers (except the offline metadata) are not working at the moment in AEL 0.9.7 so it's a good idea to disable them in the addon settings for the scanner. Anyway, the crash you are getting should not happen (it's a bug). In AEL settings, ROM scraping tab, set "Metadata scraper" and "MAME metadata scraper" to "Offline scraper". 

Many thanks for your reply and help. I'm using AEL 0.9.8 - I realised yesterday that I haven't updated to Leia 18.2 (still on 18.1) is it worth doing that to see if that makes a difference?

Full debug log here onozajiqew.kodi (paste) - I assume it's the same Kodi log file just with debug turned on in AEL and not in Kodi, rather than a separate log file.

Both of those scrapers were already set to "offline scraper"

Many thanks
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12