• 151(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi,
Thanks for your addon, a little complex to start but then awesome.
I need to launch 2 commands in a launcher, one to start the emulator, and one to place the emulator screen on the right screen.
Is it possible ?
Here a rpcs3 launcher for linux
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
<launcher>
    <name>Sony Playstation 3</name>
    <category>Sony</category>
    <Launcher_NFO>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets SONY/PlayStation 3.nfo</Launcher_NFO>
    <platform>Sony PlayStation 3</platform>
    <application>/usr/bin/rpcs3</application>
    <args>--no-gui &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
    <ROM_path>/donnees/emulation/roms/ps3/</ROM_path> 
    <ROM_ext>bin</ROM_ext>
    <ROM_asset_path>/donnees/emulation/AEL-assets/PlayStation3</ROM_asset_path>
    <Asset_Prefix>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets SONY/PlayStation 3</Asset_Prefix>
</launcher>
</advanced_emulator_launcher_configuration>
For Yuzu :

Code:
<launcher>
    <name>Switch</name>
    <category>Nintendo</category>
    <Launcher_NFO>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets Nintendo/Switch.nfo</Launcher_NFO>
    <platform>Nintendo Switch</platform>
    <application>/usr/bin/yuzu-cmd -f</application>
    <args>-f -g &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
    <ROM_path>/donnees/emulation/roms/switch/</ROM_path>
    <ROM_ext>xci|nsp</ROM_ext>
    <ROM_asset_path>/donnees/emulation/AEL-assets/nintendo-switch/</ROM_asset_path>
    <Asset_Prefix>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets Nintendo/Switch</Asset_Prefix>
</launcher>
(2021-08-28, 09:54)domb84 Wrote:
(2021-08-28, 09:34)domb84 Wrote:
(2021-08-27, 09:03)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Sorry for the late response. AEL supports artwork on remotes for some operating filesystems, only for UNC paths. If you like the technicalities, AEL uses the Python API for dealing with filesystems and in some operating systems Python is able to use the UNC paths. Kodi also understands UNC paths so it's OK to have artwork in remote windows shares.

ROMs, on the other hand, must be on a local filesystem. Note that you can mount a remote filesystem to look like it's local, for example on Windows you can "map a remote share" and in Linux you can use tools such as fuse sshfs. In this way, you can still use AEL having your ROMs on a remote filesystem, for example in a NAS.
ROMs/artwork/bios all appear to work fine from a NAS, they just have to be mounted using a systemd script in libreelec as they don't let you install packages like autofs. Using fuse and ssh to mount a NAS seems a bit over complicated just to mount a a remote file system!

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how-to/mount_network_share

It might be worth noting somewhere in the wiki that AEL doesn't support remotes/smb through the standard Kodi mounts as it was hard to find any information on in it in this forum and being able to run ROMs from something other than an SD-card must be the norm surely?

On another note, I have all my ROMs in AEL. However, no controllers work in PCSXRearmed. I can go through through and map all the buttons via the context menu, but nothing works. Is this a common issue?

I have
Here's the logs from launching a game in PCSXReArmed. No controls work during this, even thought the context menu can be brought up using the controller and you can configure the mappings during the game.

https://paste.kodi.tv/huxuwiyasi.kodi

This looked telling:

bash:

2021-08-28 07:51:22.293 T:934 INFO <general>: AddOnLog: game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed: port: 1 device: none 2021-08-28 07:51:22.294 T:934 INFO <general>: AddOnLog: game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed: port: 2 device: none

but its only shown on exit

That looks to be a Retroplayer problem and not AEL's. I'm sorry I cannot help you.
(2021-08-29, 00:42)tillaz87 Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 11:41)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

py:

# --- User notification ---
if self.settings['display_launcher_notify']:
kodi_notify('Launching {}'.format(rom_title))

Is there any way to use your notification for "launching" as a condition so the condition is specific to this notification only?

Rather than this below.

Window.IsActive(DialogNotification.xml)

At the moment every AEL notification is triggering my animation to show splash screen while the game is starting.

Sorry but I do not understand your question. Can you please reword it?
(2021-09-11, 22:55)bibi Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for your addon, a little complex to start but then awesome.
I need to launch 2 commands in a launcher, one to start the emulator, and one to place the emulator screen on the right screen.
Is it possible ?
Here a rpcs3 launcher for linux
Code:
<launcher>
    <name>Sony Playstation 3</name>
    <category>Sony</category>
    <Launcher_NFO>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets SONY/PlayStation 3.nfo</Launcher_NFO>
    <platform>Sony PlayStation 3</platform>
    <application>/usr/bin/rpcs3</application>
    <args>--no-gui &quot;$rom$&quot;</args>
    <ROM_path>/donnees/emulation/roms/ps3/</ROM_path> 
    <ROM_ext>bin</ROM_ext>
    <ROM_asset_path>/donnees/emulation/AEL-assets/PlayStation3</ROM_asset_path>
    <Asset_Prefix>/donnees/emulation/Launcher assets SONY/PlayStation 3</Asset_Prefix>
</launcher>

Can you please give some feedback on what was difficult? That will help me to craft the documentation (one day...).

If you need to create more than one command then you need to launch a script file (shell, Python, etc.) and from the script then you do whatever you want. You have some examples in the AEL asset library. That's a pretty complicated script with lots of bells and whistles but you get the idea. In Linux, make sure the script has executable permissions and that the shebang is present in the script in the first line.
(2020-05-01, 15:46)myghalloween Wrote:
| HOW-TO configure AEL for Android emulators' launcher |

Android Emulators parameters

Some Android applications require root and others NOT require root
  • If no-root required, use this parameter in AEL application field
    Code:
    /system/bin/am
  • If root required, use this parameter in AEL application field
    Code:
    /system/xbin/su

Android NO-ROOT Emulators arguments

Use this command in AEL argument field
  • DRASTIC
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.dsemu.drastic/.DraSticActivity -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e GAMEPATH "%rom%"
  • EPSXE
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.epsxe.ePSXe/.ePSXe -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e com.epsxe.ePSXe.isoName "%rom%"
  • GBA.EMU
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.GbaEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • GBC.EMU
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.GbcEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • MD.EMU
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.MdEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • MUPEN64PLUS AE
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • NES.EMU
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.NesEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • REICAST
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.reicast.emulator/com.reicast.emulator.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
  • SNES9X EXPLUS
    Code:
    start --user 0 -n com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"

Android ROOT Emulators arguments

Nothing yet

I will update this post as my research progresses
sources : www.kodinerds.net forum.kodi.tv

This doesn't appear to work on android 10 . any ideas? I've been away from the android scene a long time
(2021-09-15, 07:10)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-08-29, 00:42)tillaz87 Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 11:41)Wintermute0110 Wrote:

py:

# --- User notification ---
if self.settings['display_launcher_notify']:
kodi_notify('Launching {}'.format(rom_title))

Is there any way to use your notification for "launching" as a condition so the condition is specific to this notification only?

Rather than this below.

Window.IsActive(DialogNotification.xml)

At the moment every AEL notification is triggering my animation to show splash screen while the game is starting.

Sorry but I do not understand your question. Can you please reword it?

OK so the splash screen I've implemented into the skin when a game is launched is currently triggered with the visible tag

<visible>Window.IsActive(DialogNotification.xml)</visible>

But AEL has quite a few notifications for various tasks so I was wondering if there is anyway to use a visible tag that only identifies the "launching" notification? Maybe with string is equal?

Not really important anymore as I've moved on to other parts but any info would be great

but one is specific to a game launching. I'm wondering if there is anyway I could use something like String.IsEqual in my visible for this notification only as the the screen
ImageHow do I remove the console/platform reminder, if I put Unknown it stays as Unknown and a question mark on the side (here's a preview https://imgur.com/a/xFdPecT ). Also how can I put default paths for my resources? the thumbs, fanart nfo files and such? I have to manually navigate to the locations every time I add a new launcher. 
ImageImage
Does anybody use Yatse(android remote control app) to launch games? Works in Advanced Launcher but I get playback failed in AEL.
(2021-08-28, 09:54)domb84 Wrote: Here's the logs from launching a game in PCSXReArmed. No controls work during this, even thought the context menu can be brought up using the controller and you can configure the mappings during the game.

https://paste.kodi.tv/huxuwiyasi.kodi

This looked telling:

bash:

2021-08-28 07:51:22.293 T:934 INFO <general>: AddOnLog: game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed: port: 1 device: none 2021-08-28 07:51:22.294 T:934 INFO <general>: AddOnLog: game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed: port: 2 device: none

but its only shown on exit

(2021-09-15, 07:08)Wintermute0110 Wrote: That looks to be a Retroplayer problem and not AEL's. I'm sorry I cannot help you.

I posted a solution here: https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libret...-939347522

Basically, you need to replace PCSCReArmed's topology.xml file with these contents:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<logicaltopology>
    <port type="controller" id="1">
        <accepts controller="game.controller.ps.gamepad"/>
    </port>
    <port type="controller" id="2">
        <accepts controller="game.controller.ps.gamepad"/>
    </port>
</logicaltopology>
Does AEL work with every skin?
I'm using Kodig 19 (matrix) on my shield device and wat to have the NES,Snes emulator to my kodi menu.
Please help me out
Hi,

With Advanced Launcher, I was able to launch xinit on my linux box to create a new xserver session ; it was very useful to keep kodi running on a separate X session when I ran some software.
But with AEL my launchers do not work anymore : nothing happened...

Have anyone ever succed to launch another X session with AEL?

For information, Here my generic launcher called by AEL : launcherx.sh
Quote:#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:1
X1RUNNING=$(ps xa|grep -c "X :1")
if [ $X1RUNNING -eq 2 ]
then
        echo "RUNNING"
        /data/xbmc/scripts/$1.xinitrc
else
        echo "NOT RUNNING"
        xinit /data/xbmc/scripts/$1.xinitrc -- :1
fi
And here an example of .xinitrc :
Quote:xrandr --size 1280x720
exec openbox --startup /data/kodi/scripts/quake1.sh
Thanks in advance if you can help me!
Hi Just need a bit of help. I have AEL install on kodi and am trying to get it to launch chiaki (ps4 remote play app) when I launch it kodi still stays on the screen however I have notice the app is actually launching in the back ground behind kodi. does anyone know how I can fix this?

Running on raspberry pi 3b + raspbian os
@Wintermute0110 I've started including community repos in my test builds to allow for wider testing of the GSoC PRs. Do you have a repo for AEL?

(2021-10-17, 02:50)garbear Wrote: @Wintermute0110 I've started including community repos in my test builds to allow for wider testing of the GSoC PRs. Do you have a repo for AEL?

Hi @garbear, currently I have a repo in Github but I do not generate the XML file so Kodi cannot use it automatically. Users are supposed to download the ZIP file and upgrade manually.

If you need it, I will create the XML file convert that into a repo. It will take some time though, I'm quite busy with RL at the moment.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12