• 26(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi Wintermute. I think i've found a bug in scraping online.
If the ROM name contains a "-" the scraper do not found the rom in offline database, as example:

Code:
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: ========== Processing File ==========
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: ROM.path       "U:\megadrive\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).zip"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: Expected 'zip' extension detected
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: Testing NFO file "U:\megadrive\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).nfo"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Metadata policy: Read NFO file ON, if not NFO then Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Metadata policy: NFO file not found | Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : metadata_Offline::get_search Searching 'Beauty and the Beast   Roar of the Beast' 'Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)' 'Sega MegaDrive/Genesis'
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: metadata_Offline::initialise_scraper platform = Sega MegaDrive/Genesis is cached in object.
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : metadata_Offline::get_search Mode No-Intro searching for 'Beauty and the Beast   Roar of the Beast'
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: Metadata scraper found 0 result/s
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Metadata scraper found no games after searching. Only cleaning ROM name.
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Searching for ROM local assets...
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Title     "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Title\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Snap      "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Snap\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Fanart    "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Background\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).jpg"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Missing  Banner
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Clearlogo "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Logos\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Boxfront  "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Box\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Boxback   "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\BoxBack\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Cartridge "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Cart\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Missing  Flyer
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Missing  Map
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Missing  Manual
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : assets_search_local_assets() Found    Trailer   "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Video\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).mp4"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: if not Local Image then Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Title FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Snap FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Fanart FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Banner NOT found | Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : _roms_scrap_asset() Scraping Banner with MobyGames
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() local_asset_path ""
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() asset_path_noext "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Banner\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() Scraper {0} does not support asset {1}. Skipping.
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Clearlogo FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Boxfront FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Boxback FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Cartridge FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Flyer NOT found | Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : _roms_scrap_asset() Scraping Flyer with MobyGames
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() asset_path_noext "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Advert\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() Scraper {0} does not support asset {1}. Skipping.
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Map NOT found | Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : _roms_scrap_asset() Scraping Map with MobyGames
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() asset_path_noext "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Map\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Manual NOT found | Scraper ON
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : _roms_scrap_asset() Scraping Manual with MobyGames
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL DEBUG: _roms_scrap_asset() asset_path_noext "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Manual\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Asset policy: local Trailer FOUND | Scraper OFF
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Title     file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Title\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Snap      file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Snap\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Fanart    file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Background\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).jpg"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Banner    file ""
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Clearlogo file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Logos\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Boxfront  file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Box\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Boxback   file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\BoxBack\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Cartridge file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Cart\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).png"
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Flyer     file ""
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Map       file ""
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Manual    file ""
17:26:20 T:17004   ERROR: AEL VERB : Set Trailer   file "U:\_datos\Artwork\Sega_Genesis\Video\Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA).mp4"

This is the entry in offline database:

Code:
<game name="Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)">

You can see the clean name to search:
metadata_Offline::get_search Searching 'Beauty and the Beast Roar of the Beast' 'Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)' 'Sega MegaDrive/Genesis'
and found 0 results

Sorry for my english, and thank you for this GREAT addon.
(2016-11-22, 12:55)soneu Wrote: If the ROM name contains a "-" the scraper do not found the rom in offline database, as example:

This is the entry in offline database:

Code:
<game name="Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)">

You can see the clean name to search:
metadata_Offline::get_search Searching 'Beauty and the Beast Roar of the Beast' 'Beauty and the Beast - Roar of the Beast (USA)' 'Sega MegaDrive/Genesis'
and found 0 results

Sorry for my english, and thank you for this GREAT addon.

Your English is fine Wink Thanks for the detailed bug report, it is very useful. Offline scrapers need quite some improvement work. Also, only a subset of platforms are currently included in AEL database. For the online scrapers, I have plans to include more cached data and a fuzzy search algorithm based on the Levenshtein distance. I wanted to include the improved/refurbished scrapers and add a new Arcade Database scraper in 0.9.5 but will delay it for 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 (it's a lot of work...Confused).
This is a really great add-on. I have it working great with Retroarch, Windows 10, Zbox. I am currently using Aeon MQ7 and panel view to look at my roms. The top left of the panel shows where there should be a picture but its blank. This might be a question for the MQ7 forum, but I was wondering if anyone might know how to adjust what picture can go in that panel.
Also, is there anyway to get Kawaks to work with this? Thanks for all the help.
(2016-11-26, 14:19)cgebke Wrote: This is a really great add-on. I have it working great with Retroarch, Windows 10, Zbox. I am currently using Aeon MQ7 and panel view to look at my roms. The top left of the panel shows where there should be a picture but its blank. This might be a question for the MQ7 forum, but I was wondering if anyone might know how to adjust what picture can go in that panel.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the addon.

AEL supports two types of artwork: standard Kodi and AEL customised. Standard Kodi artwork are Icon/Thumb, Fanart, Poster and Clearlogo. AEL customised artwork is Boxfront, Boxback, Title, Snap, etc. When using a skin which does not support AEL (and currently ALL officially released skins DO NOT support AEL) expect only the standard Kodi artwork to be shown.

In order to enrich the AEL experience when using skins that do not support AEL, you can customise what kind of assets you want to display as the standard Kodi assets. For example, the default is to map/bind Boxfront to Icon, so Confluence/Estuary will display your Boxfront. However, you may decide you want to associate Title to Icon, so skins will show your title screenshot instead of the Boxfront. Once skins that truly support AEL are released then you will be able to enjoy all AEL eye-candy bells and whistles.

I currently have Aeon MQ5 installed on my "production" HTPC. I think MQ5 and MQ7 behavior will be the same, but I may be wrong. Like Confluence, MQ5 will display Poster on top of Icon. In other words: Poster has preference over Icon, so if you have a ROM or Launcher with Icon and Poster, Poster will be rendered. Also, one view of MQ5 displays Clearlogos. You can use the AEL debug view for Confluence (see second post of this thread) so you can see all artwork AEL supports and also the artwork you have mapped to the standard types.

(2016-11-26, 14:19)cgebke Wrote: Also, is there anyway to get Kawaks to work with this? Thanks for all the help.

You can use ANY application/emulator with AEL. However, you need to know how to use the emulator/app from command line. In the case of Kawaks have a look here.

Just for curiosity... why to use Kawaks when you have MAME? Is there any game Kawaks supports and MAME doesn't?
Hello.

I apologise if this is not the place for this question but I am trying to setup any Advanced Launcher for days and only to find out that it basically does not exist any more.
Anyway, I am trying to install Advanced Emulator Launcher for last few hours and I am probably doing something wrong but I just cant figure out what. Problem is that when I try to install addon from zip file it always ends with message that requirements not met. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I am using openElec 6.0.0 with Kodi 15.2
(2016-11-27, 09:33)Gabriel Dark Wrote: I apologise if this is not the place for this question but I am trying to setup any Advanced Launcher for days and only to find out that it basically does not exist any more.
Anyway, I am trying to install Advanced Emulator Launcher for last few hours and I am probably doing something wrong but I just cant figure out what. Problem is that when I try to install addon from zip file it always ends with message that requirements not met. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I am using openElec 6.0.0 with Kodi 15.2

Advanced Emulator Launcher requires Kodi Jarvis 16.0 or Kodi Krypton 17.0 and won't work on previous Kodi releases. Very soon, for reasons long to explain in this post, AEL will only run on Kodi Krypton. Please use a newer OpenElect/LibreElec.
Thanks for reply.

I have a feeling that this Kodi thing is developing too fast. As soon as I set XBMC it become Kodi, now when I set Kodi it already needs to be updated. :-)
I wanted to add my thanks to Wintermute for this addon. I use it to launch PC games, and it's the best front end for me to launch all of my games from, whether they're Steam, Origin, Uplay, disc based, etc. I took the video views in the Eminence skin and modded them to use for AEL.

watch gallery
Hi,

today I would try to give AEL a chance to lounch my Dolphin-Emu games but unfortunately I can't get it work.
I start with this howto to get openbox as
display manager.

There is something I must du totaly wrong:

here is the debug log...

maybe someone could help me...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2016-11-27, 19:52)sveni_lee Wrote: Hi,

today I would try to give AEL a chance to lounch my Dolphin-Emu games but unfortunately I can't get it work.
display manager.

here is the debug log...

Log seems normal. Can you please describe your issue more accurately?

Also, to check if you setup Openbox OK, go to Kodi settings, System, Video, set Kodi into windowed mode. You should see the window border and the buttons Minimize, Maximize and Close. With the mouse navigate outside the Kodi window into the desktop, right click, open a terminal. In the terminal use the command line to run Dolphin plus the ROM name. Get familiar about how to use Dolphin from the command line and check if can be run at the same time as Kodi.
Sorry for being lazy and not reading through all of the info but does this work on android box's with Kodi?

I installed it but when i first run it I get an error and cannot do anything.
(2016-11-26, 14:19)cgebke Wrote: Also, is there anyway to get Kawaks to work with this? Thanks for all the help.

Kawaks, or more specifically WinKawaks does not support command line to my knowledge. I understand the appeal as it is lightweight and focuses solely on CPS / Neo Geo but you should follow Wintermute's suggestion and roll with MAME these days. Smile

(2016-11-27, 19:52)sveni_lee Wrote: Hi,

display manager.

here is the debug log...

To have games launch seamlessly from AEL to Dolphin change your arguments to: /e "%rom%"

The /e before the ROM argument is how the magic happens. Smile

Once I finish my current projects I will provide some assistance to Wintermute on the AEL wiki in relation to commonly used emulators on Windows based machines. Smile
(2016-11-28, 02:33)kiaenigma27 Wrote: Sorry for being lazy and not reading through all of the info but does this work on android box's with Kodi?

Yes, this works on android too. AEL works on kodi so it works on all machines that run kodi basically.But the essential thing you need is an emulator app like Retroarch. You configure AEL to run for example Retroarch with specific arguments and that will open up your game. So issues could be that you havent correctly configured it or you might want to start an app in a way that you need to have the android box rooted.

Do you have any more details about the bug, could you post logs?

Check this thread which is about configuring old AL to work with emulator apps on android. The basic commands are applicable for AEL too.
(2016-11-28, 10:53)chrisism Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 02:33)kiaenigma27 Wrote: Sorry for being lazy and not reading through all of the info but does this work on android box's with Kodi?

Yes, this works on android too. AEL works on kodi so it works on all machines that run kodi basically.But the essential thing you need is an emulator app like Retroarch. You configure AEL to run for example Retroarch with specific arguments and that will open up your game. So issues could be that you havent correctly configured it or you might want to start an app in a way that you need to have the android box rooted.

Do you have any more details about the bug, could you post logs?

Check this thread which is about configuring old AL to work with emulator apps on android. The basic commands are applicable for AEL too.

Thanks..

there will be a log I will dig it out.

the problem is as soon as i install and run AEL i can get into the settings page but when i actually run AEL to set-up my first emulator it says error and just lands me on the page that has the listing for Programme menu and i get no AEL page at all. will post the log later.
(2016-11-28, 11:00)kiaenigma27 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 10:53)chrisism Wrote:

Yes, this works on android too. ......

Thanks..

there will be a log I will dig it out.

the problem is as soon as i install and run AEL i can get into the settings page but when i actually run AEL to set-up my first emulator it says error and just lands me on the page that has the listing for Programme menu and i get no AEL page at all. will post the log later.

Dont forget to put logging on in the AEL settings. Not only kodi.
Also if you could add some info about the environment setup, like which emulator and where did you place the roms etc.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12