• 27(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-11-28, 11:22)chrisism Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 11:00)kiaenigma27 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 10:53)chrisism Wrote: Yes, this works on android too. ......

Thanks..

there will be a log I will dig it out.

the problem is as soon as i install and run AEL i can get into the settings page but when i actually run AEL to set-up my first emulator it says error and just lands me on the page that has the listing for Programme menu and i get no AEL page at all. will post the log later.

Dont forget to put logging on in the AEL settings. Not only kodi.
Also if you could add some info about the environment setup, like which emulator and where did you place the roms etc.

thanks will do that..

Problem is i cant actually add any emulators or roms.. AEL wont even start from fresh install thats what I am getting at. the only part of AEL i can load is the settings page.
(2016-11-28, 11:49)kiaenigma27 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 11:22)chrisism Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 11:00)kiaenigma27 Wrote: Thanks..

there will be a log I will dig it out.

the problem is as soon as i install and run AEL i can get into the settings page but when i actually run AEL to set-up my first emulator it says error and just lands me on the page that has the listing for Programme menu and i get no AEL page at all. will post the log later.

Dont forget to put logging on in the AEL settings. Not only kodi.
Also if you could add some info about the environment setup, like which emulator and where did you place the roms etc.

thanks will do that..

Problem is i cant actually add any emulators or roms.. AEL wont even start from fresh install thats what I am getting at. the only part of AEL i can load is the settings page.

Can be this problem same as this and this one?

If you are willing to install development version from GtiHub, do some tests and provide some logs I will try to solve the problem (or at least figure out what is going on). What is exactly the Kodi version you are using? Are you using standard Kodi or some "unofficial" build?
(2016-11-28, 15:53)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 11:49)kiaenigma27 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 11:22)chrisism Wrote: Dont forget to put logging on in the AEL settings. Not only kodi.

thanks will do that..

If you are willing to install development version from GtiHub, do some tests and provide some logs I will try to solve the problem (or at least figure out what is going on). What is exactly the Kodi version you are using? Are you using standard Kodi or some "unofficial" build?

I will try those solutions when i get home.

I am running SPMC version which i believe is still based on 16.1 as its running on Android.
(2016-11-27, 19:52)sveni_lee Wrote: Hi,

today I would try to give AEL a chance to lounch my Dolphin-Emu games but unfortunately I can't get it work.
I start with this howto to get openbox as
display manager.

There is something I must du totaly wrong:

here is the debug log...

maybe someone could help me...

You need to add -b -e at the start of your argument line in the dolphin launcher setting.
(2016-11-28, 09:57)Rufoo Wrote: To have games launch seamlessly from AEL to Dolphin change your arguments to: /e "%rom%"

The /e before the ROM argument is how the magic happens. Smile

Hi Rufoo,

thanks for that... that was the magic but I guess you mean "-e"

now I have two more problems...
1. I don't have the right resolution not 1920x1080 i guess it's 480p
2. I don't have sound... I use alsa and in dolphin I can select alsa but nothing happened...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2016-11-28, 21:00)sveni_lee Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 09:57)Rufoo Wrote: To have games launch seamlessly from AEL to Dolphin change your arguments to: /e "%rom%"

The /e before the ROM argument is how the magic happens. Smile

Hi Rufoo,

2. I don't have sound... I use alsa and in dolphin I can select alsa but nothing happened...

Problem 1: try what I told you in the previous post. Unfortunately Dolphin does not support many options from the command line but hopefully will remember the settings you configure in the GUI. Launch Dolphin, configure stuff, and once your are happy try with AEL.

Problem 2: You have 3 choices (maybe more...):

a) Use Pulseadio instead of ALSA. Pulseadio supports running multiple applications out of the box.

b) You configure ALSA with a dmix output so several applications can use ALSA at the same time

c) Use a second sound card: If ALSA does not support dmix out of the box is because you are using a digital output (HDMI, right?). What you can do is to buy a cheap USB sound card (about 1000 yen/10 euro) so you divert your emulators sound via that sound card. In my case, I divert Kodi sound to my Denon speakers via the USB card and emulators sound in the TV (which feels more "authentic").
Where are the log files get does anyone know? and which option in AEL do i need to choose? debug / error?
(2016-11-28, 21:00)sveni_lee Wrote: Hi Rufoo,

"/e" under windows "-e" under linux.
(2016-11-28, 21:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Problem 1: try what I told you in the previous post. Unfortunately Dolphin does not support many options from the command line but hopefully will remember the settings you configure in the GUI. Launch Dolphin, configure stuff, and once your are happy try with AEL.

a) Use Pulseadio instead of ALSA. Pulseadio supports running multiple applications out of the box.

b) You configure ALSA with a dmix output so several applications can use ALSA at the same time

c) Use a second sound card: If ALSA does not support dmix out of the box is because you are using a digital output (HDMI, right?). What you can do is to buy a cheap USB sound card (about 1000 yen/10 euro) so you divert your emulators sound via that sound card. In my case, I divert Kodi sound to my Denon speakers via the USB card and emulators sound in the TV (which feels more "authentic").

Problem 1: the problem here is not dolphin. I guess there is a configuration-problem with openbox. the resolution in openbox in wrong so dolphin starts in the wron resolution too...

Problem 2:
a)I can't use Pulseaudio cause of HD-Audio issue
b)Am I right, dmix outpu only allowed 2 channel-Audio

I remember, I had all this work but I had to setup a new HTPC and now I can't remember all steps... I remember I had to set "Audio keep alive" to off...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2016-11-28, 16:25)kiaenigma27 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 15:53)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 11:49)kiaenigma27 Wrote: thanks will do that..

I will try those solutions when i get home.

I am running SPMC version which i believe is still based on 16.1 as its running on Android.

ok i tried to do this in the second link with copying over the python file but got stuck as I cannot find the asset folder.

any idea?
ok just installed the latest beta Krypton for Android for Kodi (not SPMC) and it now opens so must be an issue with Jarvis
(2016-11-22, 11:43)ErAzOr2k Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 11:09)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 07:45)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Has anyone tried to add no-intro dat file under Edit Launcher/Manage ROM List/Add No-Intro XML DAT?
My Problem is, that my dat files are not listed when browsing to the path which contains the files.
FYI: My Folder contains normal DAT and Clone DAT.

I'm running latest Version (0.9.4)

This is a known bug. I'm not sure if the bug is in AEL Python code or Kodi C++ core code. The bug prevents DAT files to be loaded by the Kodi file select dialog. As a workaround, rename the DAT file to XML and you will be able to load it.

Also, make sure you download a P/Clone XML file from DAT-o-MATIC from here. ROM auditing and Parent/Clone view mode for launchers is working well but is still quite a experimental feature in AEL. Fell free to report bugs you may find, suggestions or feature requests.

Thank you!
First of all, I love this feature!

As a workaround, I set the path to the dat file directly in catergories.xml.

I have one feature request: I'd like to see something like a "Parent/Clone Clean View".
Instead of showing the full string of the rom name in the list (e.g. "Super Mario World (Europe) (Rev 1)"), just show e.g. "Super Mario World".
The full string name does only make sense in the clone selection windows (in my opinion).
Is something like this possible?

A fix for this issue is under way. In the end it was a problem in the C++ core. Hopefully the fix will be merged for Krypton Beta 6.
(2016-11-28, 23:05)sveni_lee Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 21:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Problem 1: try what I told you in the previous post. Unfortunately Dolphin does not support many options from the command line but hopefully will remember the settings you configure in the GUI. Launch Dolphin, configure stuff, and once your are happy try with AEL.

Problem 1: the problem here is not dolphin. I guess there is a configuration-problem with openbox. the resolution in openbox in wrong so dolphin starts in the wron resolution too...

Problem 2:
a)I can't use Pulseaudio cause of HD-Audio issue
b)Am I right, dmix outpu only allowed 2 channel-Audio

I remember, I had all this work but I had to setup a new HTPC and now I can't remember all steps... I remember I had to set "Audio keep alive" to off...

Problem 1: All right. Maybe you will need to create a xorg.conf if XWindow does not start at maximum resolution. Maybe there is a problem with your graphics drivers, so XOrg cannot detect the resolution. Also, make sure the monitor is switched on before starting XWindows, so the resolution can be read from the EDID file from the monitor.

Problem 2: You can configure dmix even to upmix your emulator 2.0 output to 5.1 or whatever you want. Have a look here. ALSA configuration is a PITA though, and can get some time until you get it working as you want.
(2016-11-29, 01:15)kiaenigma27 Wrote: ok just installed the latest beta Krypton for Android for Kodi (not SPMC) and it now opens so must be an issue with Jarvis

AEL should work well with Jarvis for now. Soon (post 0.9.5) AEL will work only in Krypton. I think the problem is that for some reason SPMC Kodi build does not include Python 2.7. AEL requires Python 2.7 because it needs collections.OrderedDict. If SPMC ships with Python 2.6 then OrderedDict cannot be loaded and hence the error.
(2016-11-29, 07:55)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-29, 01:15)kiaenigma27 Wrote: ok just installed the latest beta Krypton for Android for Kodi (not SPMC) and it now opens so must be an issue with Jarvis

AEL should work well with Jarvis for now. Soon (post 0.9.5) AEL will work only in Krypton. I think the problem is that for some reason SPMC Kodi build does not include Python 2.7. AEL requires Python 2.7 because it needs collections.OrderedDict. If SPMC ships with Python 2.6 then OrderedDict cannot be loaded and hence the error.

yeah i see there is a fix but i cannot find the folders on my android box to place it

there is also a problem on Android whereby you cannot have the artwork folder on a network drive or usb drive as android cannot save to these drives. you have to either mount the usb as internal storage or use the internal memory of the device.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12