Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-09-14, 09:15)foleyjo Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 18:10)Girgl Wrote: Rom Collection browser has an option which - if I remember correctly - closes Kodi, and restarts it when the emulator is shut down. Would be great to implement something like this. It would really help older machines run smoothly

I used RCB before this one and though I liked it I had problems importing my roms and assetts. I much prefer AEL.
The option to close and restart Kodi I found irritating. Kodi would close fine but when exiting a game I had to wait for KODI to restart and then manually go back into RCB, select my filter and wait for the game list to load back in.
I also tried the minimise feature but as I have found out with AEL I need to minimise maximise then minimise before my sega games run full speed.

Closing Kodi, launch, then opening Kodi again will require to install an additional plugin as a service (I believe if I recall correctly how RCB works...), and generally complicate things a lot. For most users the current launcher mechanism is very good and much better than the buggy RCB. However, if users of low-end hardware such as the raspi desperately need it then I will consider an implementation.

Currently I'm focusing of replacing the old launcher code (wich is based on Python 2.4 and currently Kodi ships with Python 2.7) with a new, modern one. This new launcher code will allow saving the launched program output into a log file to view later and check for errors. This will be really useful when setting things up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-09-14, 10:44
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12