Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-09-25, 11:35)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 02:33)braz Wrote: Still having this issue with the latest AEL, just opening a Windows Explorer window to Kodi for my standalone launchers. Here's the contents of my fixed_launchers.xml, I don't have a launchers.xml file in my AEL addon_data folder.

http://pastebin.com/n0cRsWBA

Any ideas?

Thanks Braz. The "fixed" launchers.xml seems OK to me at first glance.

All you lnk files in C:\Users\Alienware\Downloads\Game Shortcuts\ point to the game EXE files, right?

It seems that launching of LNK files in Windows is broken at the moment... Currently I'm working on 0.9.2, hopefully will release in a few hours. For 0.9.3 I want to update the launcher code from Python 2.4 to current Python 2.7 and your issue will be fixed.

Also, I got an idea looking at your setup. Instead of creating a separated standalone launcher per game, do you think it would be better to have a special launcher that will launch LNK files as it they were ROMs? Reason is that you will have access to the expanded artwork model AEL offers for ROMs.

Thanks for responding! Yes, all the lnk shortcuts point to game exe files. If I click the lnk files directly, the games launch.

I'll keep an eye out for the next version. I'm not familiar with how the roms work, but if you implement it that way I will definitely test and provide feedback. A benefit I'm thinking of is that I'd be able to use the favorites virtual folder.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by braz - 2016-09-25, 16:23
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12