Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-09-29, 01:38)LupinSansei Wrote: Has anyone set this up with Retroarch? If so could you tell me how to do so as I'm at a loss :/

To complement foleyjo answer. I'm assuming you are using Linux/Kodibuntu, if not change .so by .dll.

As the launcher application select your retroarch executable. In my setup I keep it in /home/kodi/bin/retroarch. If you install Retroarch in a package typical location will be /usr/games/retroarch.

As the launcher parameters you put:

PHP Code:
-/path/to/libretro/core.so -"%rom%" 

Notice the quotes ", whitout those launcher will fail if your ROM name has spaces (for example, "Super Mario Worls (Europe).zip" will fail without the quotes). Let's suppose you want to set a Super Nintendo launcher and your libretro cores are in /home/kodi/bin/libretro, then your parameters will be:

PHP Code:
-/home/kodi/bin/libretro/bsnes_balanced_libretro.so -"%rom%" 

The Retropie Github Wiki contains A LOT of invaluable information to configure emulators and other stuff (like joysticks) in Linux. Also, you have a good list of the Retroarch cores you need depending on what you want to emulate. A more complete list is in the Libretro Wiki. Some of the cores require additional configuration and the placement of BIOS in the correct directory in order to work.

As a general advice, before using Advanced Emulator Launcher (and ANY other launcher plugin in Kodi) you should be familiar with the emulator you want to use, how to launch it from the command line, useful command line parameters (like setting fullscreen), have the joysticks or other devices configured on the emulator, etc. Once you are able to use the emulator from the command line then it's time to set your full eye candy launcher with AEL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-09-29, 08:52
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12