Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
I managed to set up AEL to launch Steam games, both local games and games via In Home Streaming.

Here are the steps:
1. Add shortcut to desktop for each of your games. This can be done from the Steam client by right clicking the game. This has to be done on the computer where your
games are installed. It can not be done on the streaming client.
2. Create a games directory on the computer you have Kodi installed. Copy the shortcuts to the directory.
3. Start Steam client on the streaming host if you plan on using In Home Streaming.
4. Test the short cuts by double clicking them in Explorer. The game should start. if it is a local game, it will start locally. It if is a streaming
game, Steam starts a streaming session. If they don't start, make sure that you have the default binding for *.url -files. If you have, for example, bound them to a text editor, the shortcuts don't work.
5. Create a new ROM launcher in the AEL.
6. Set Windows Explorer as the launch app.
7. Set the directory you created in the step 2 as the games path.
8. Set the file extension to url.
9. Remove the apostrophes from the application arguments (e.g. "%rom" => %rom)
10. Set the title and platform for the launcher. I don't think the values matter. I chose unknown platform.
11. After you are finished creating the launcher, select the launcher and bring the context menu and select Scan for new ROMs.
12. Now you can open the launcher. The games should be in there and they start if clicked.

Some notes:
- The shortcuts might work without any launch app. I tried this first and it didn't work. However, there were several other problems in the beginning so choosing the launch app might have been an unnecessary fix,
- I had to exit Launcher4Kodi in order to get this working.

I have a few persisting problems. Any help for these would be greatly appreciated
1. When the game stops, Kodi stays minimized. Can this be fixed somehow? I tried fiddling with AEL settings but could not figure out anything. Is it so that AEL is not running at this time so it can not notice that the game has finished?
2. It would be great if I could open the appropriate AEL launcher by selecting "Games" in the main menu. I have only managed to have it open AEL after which I will have to select the category and then the launcher. I faintly remember that there used to be a way to find out the ID for any Kodi window and then you could create a favorite for that and then put the favorite in the main menu. I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything. Does anybodu know about this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by krola - 2016-10-04, 17:33
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12