Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-10-29, 20:27)foleyjo Wrote: So for example the game file may be Super Mario (Europe) but the art file Super Mario(USA) . So the game is trimmed down to Super Mario but the art file is still Super Mario(USA) and there for a match isn't found.

Admittedly the latest version may already solve this as I've already renamed the files on the games that I've added so far but it took ages.

OK, I understand what you mean now...

In order to do what you want, you need an external tool like NARS (NARS Advanced ROM Sorting). NARS originally started as a ROM filtering program to keep the number of ROMs in launchers to a minimum. For example, you had a No-Intro SNES collection with about 3,000 ROMs. NARS is able to filter unwanted games (duplicates, clones, japanese ROMs, etc.) so your launcher will have what is named a "One game, one ROM" list. When I was using Advanced Launcher, it was very important to have the total number of ROMs in all launchers as low of possible. Otherwise, AL turned slower and slower the more the ROMs in your launchers. AEL has removed this limitation and now you can have as many launchers as you want with as many ROMs as you want, and still AEL will be fast. NARS ability to filer No-Intro ROMs is now kind of obsolete...

However, NARS still is useful because it can do "Artwork substitution". For example, suppose you download a SNES Boxfront collection from Hyperspin forum. This collection will have the Boxfronts for the Hyperspin oficial list, which typically contains the USA ROMs plus a few European/Japanese ROMs. NARS is capable of automatically renaming your partial artwork collection to match all ROMs in a parent/clone list.

Currently NARS is the process of being refactored to be able to handle all the artwork AEL/AML support... before it only worked with thumbs/fanarts. Stay tuned if you want to try it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-10-30, 10:37
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12