• 21(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
I'll try other Emus today evening.
The argument should be correct, as I'm able to open dolphin by terminal (ADB) with this command.

I will keep you up to date
Hello,

Is it possible scraping from Gamefaqs? (covers and metadata)

Thank you Smile
(2016-11-02, 11:24)Sgt.Stedenko Wrote: Hello,

Thank you Smile

As stated in the first post, metadata & artwork scrapers are supported for TheGamesDB, GameFAQs and MobyGames. What kind of artwork you can scrape depends on the scraper itself. The ROM scanner uses only one scraper and will try to download as much assets as possible. However, if you edit the assets of an individual ROM, you can use all the scrapers that support that particular asset.

Also in the first post are very useful links where you can download full artwork collections. You can then use "Local images" on the ROM scanner so the ROM import will be almost instantaneous. Then, you can use the scrapers on selected ROMs to tune up your setup. This is the recommended way of using AEL.
(2016-11-02, 11:00)ErAzOr2k Wrote: I'll try other Emus today evening.
The argument should be correct, as I'm able to open dolphin by terminal (ADB) with this command.

I just tried it with retroarch, result is the same Sad
launcher says: starting game. But the Emulator is not launching.
The same command is however working with ADB.
(2016-11-02, 16:11)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 11:24)Sgt.Stedenko Wrote: Hello,

Thank you Smile

As stated in the first post, metadata & artwork scrapers are supported for TheGamesDB, GameFAQs and MobyGames. What kind of artwork you can scrape depends on the scraper itself. The ROM scanner uses only one scraper and will try to download as much assets as possible. However, if you edit the assets of an individual ROM, you can use all the scrapers that support that particular asset.

Also in the first post are very useful links where you can download full artwork collections. You can then use "Local images" on the ROM scanner so the ROM import will be almost instantaneous. Then, you can use the scrapers on selected ROMs to tune up your setup. This is the recommended way of using AEL.

Thank you! Smile
(2016-11-03, 00:32)ErAzOr2k Wrote:

@ErAzOr2k I have an earlier version of AEL installed on my kodi on android which works fine with retroarch. Getting the parameters right might be a bit hard. On the kodi forum there is a thread about all the emulator launcher settings for Android. It was for AL but the same should work for AEL. Don't habe the link at the moment so search the forum for emulator and android.
In worst case I can lookup how I did my settings. However I am using a rooted android.
(2016-11-04, 10:05)chrisism Wrote:
(2016-11-03, 00:32)ErAzOr2k Wrote:

@ErAzOr2k I have an earlier version of AEL installed on my kodi on android which works fine with retroarch. Getting the parameters right might be a bit hard. On the kodi forum there is a thread about all the emulator launcher settings for Android. It was for AL but the same should work for AEL. Don't habe the link at the moment so search the forum for emulator and android.
In worst case I can lookup how I did my settings. However I am using a rooted android.

I think you mean this link?
This is what I usaed as example.

Would be great if you could post your configuration file.
(2016-10-31, 12:26)xphilipp Wrote:
(2016-10-31, 09:11)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Also, If you just want to have some standalone launchers in addon root maybe you may want to hide <Favourites>, collections, etc. Go to addon settings, "Display" to do so.

I've already done this. But it still displays the "emulator" category, that's why I removed it using the context menu... and discovered this bug.

As you say, it's a corner case and the error message is self-explanatory... But it says to report the bug Tongue.

My quick'n dirty edit:

Code:
def _command_add_new_launcher(self, categoryID):
    # If categoryID not found return to plugin root window.
    if categoryID not in self.categories:
        log_info('Category ID not found. Create laucher in addon root.')
        launcher_categoryID = VCATEGORY_ADDONROOT_ID
    else:
        # --- Ask user if launcher is created on selected category or on root menu ---
        (...)

# --- Show "Create New Launcher" dialog ---
    dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
    (...)

Thanks for your help. Problem should be fixed in last commit.
I use AEL to launch Ink apps, from Titan home page. When I close the app, it returns to a program menu, not home page. I have to press exit again to return home. Is there a setting to return to the home page instead of program menu?

Thanks
Found out a way with mame and the annoying console windows
My setup includes both mame64 and mameui64. I just pointed the launcher to mameui64 and the console was gone.

I believe this is normal behaviour for the mame64.exe in windows at least (so not a AEL thing at all). It opens the same dos prompt when launching roms from emuloader.
Anyway pointing to mameui exec does the trick for both AEL and emuloader
(2016-11-04, 10:29)ErAzOr2k Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 10:05)chrisism Wrote: .....

That is the one, got my stuff from there. First thing to get right is the correct location of 'su' or 'am'. It might be different for some android versions. Do you have a script runner app or something? If you enable debug logging for kodi and AEL you can get all the parameters from the log and try out the call yourself in a script runner. I have used that a lot with old AL to get stuff running. With earlier versions of AEL I helped Wintermute out with testing some stuff on Android and got it working.

I used su with a rooted android. I still want to change it to just use am because I dont think rooted access is needed here, but I havent had the time.

So the settings for retroarch with Sega Megadrive:
app: /system/xbin/su
args: -c 'am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture'

Really check all the " and ' in your args. This might run into issues if you have filenames or paths with quotes in them. And as I said, use a script runner to try out the complete calls first to see if you got it right. With retroarch its sometimes hard to get the right arguments.
(and ofcourse, if you use su then you need android root access)
Hi Wintermute i have a little request it is possible to make kodi usable even when the program launched by ael it's still running. For example when i start steam with ael if I install a new game it take some time instead of waiting i would like to alt+tab to go back to kodi and watch a movie but actually it's not possible because as long as steam is running kodi stay in some kind of busy state and can't do anything.
(2016-11-05, 12:41)chrisism Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 10:29)ErAzOr2k Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 10:05)chrisism Wrote: .....

That is the one, got my stuff from there. First thing to get right is the correct location of 'su' or 'am'. It might be different for some android versions. Do you have a script runner app or something? If you enable debug logging for kodi and AEL you can get all the parameters from the log and try out the call yourself in a script runner. I have used that a lot with old AL to get stuff running. With earlier versions of AEL I helped Wintermute out with testing some stuff on Android and got it working.

I used su with a rooted android. I still want to change it to just use am because I dont think rooted access is needed here, but I havent had the time.

So the settings for retroarch with Sega Megadrive:
app: /system/xbin/su
args: -c 'am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture'

Really check all the " and ' in your args. This might run into issues if you have filenames or paths with quotes in them. And as I said, use a script runner to try out the complete calls first to see if you got it right. With retroarch its sometimes hard to get the right arguments.
(and ofcourse, if you use su then you need android root access)

Thank you so much! it helped me a lot! it seems, that this only works with su binary.
I use AEL to launch PC games, using Explorer and shortcuts. As with the old Advanced Launcer, I use pssuspend to suspend Kodi while the games are running.

The problem is Kodi seems to still somehow be using resources. If I launch Rise of the Tomb Raider from Kodi, for example, the task manager shows Kodi suspended, but even the menu screen of ROTTR is only getting around 40fps. If I close out Kodi, it immediately goes to 60 (where I have it capped). If I launch the game directly without running Kodi, it is 60 right from the start.

Any ideas?
For all you AEL lovers and supporters to wet the appetite. Smile

This is currently in development, but look forward to sharing these with you all soon enough. Something big is coming for all the Kodi gamers out there. Big Grin

*Keibertz Series based off original views by Keibertz.

Thanks to Wintermute0110 for his amazing efforts with AEL and for allowing the floorspace on his thread.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12