Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-11-09, 14:36)foleyjo Wrote: Firewater - I found that some cores in retroarch didn't load zipped roms from an external launcher. They worked fine in Retroarch but when using AEL to launch them Retroarch crashed.
This didn't happen with all cores but I think it did with one of the Snes or Nes ones I tried.
You could try using a different core or unzipping the files and seeing if they will launch

This might be it! I haven't had much time to test after I last posted, but this does make sense. Thanks.

(2016-11-11, 05:22)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Maybe I will think in the future adding the option to store artwork like that. Now, as you have seen on the changelog, there are still plenty of things to do. Coding that asset scheme will require significant changes in the code...

I understand.

(2016-11-11, 05:22)Wintermute0110 Wrote: That's something that cannot be done. MAME is very picky about the ROM names, and will refuse to run games and machines if ROMs have not the correct name. That's the reason why you need to use a front-end like AEL. I understand your points about how to store media. However, ROMs and emulation are different, older than media (emulation revolution started around 1995 where the MP3/DIVX revolution started around the 2000's) and have their own traditions, like DAT files, etc.

!!!! So if I rename ddpch.zip to dodonpachi.zip, it won't run? Damn... still will leave it there as part of my wishlist for the systems that can handle it (maybe you can implement it in 2020? haha)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by firewater - 2016-11-11, 07:00
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12