when i try to open it i get the error

kodi LOG

http://pastebin.com/TJPYKV0d

version 0.9.0 works OK
version 0.9.1 works OK
version 0.9.2 fails to open
version 0.9.3 fails to open
version 0.9.4 fails to open

personal it make me sad that it will be kodi 17 and up only ... but thats me (i like to have a seperate build for the retro games only)
(2016-11-17, 15:28)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 10:16)kevenz Wrote: Hi! is it me or scraper for snapsnots and fanarts aren't working for mame ?
ArcadeDB scraper is not finished yet. You can easily get your MAME artwork, make sure you read well the first post.

AEL includes support for MAME ROMs with the offline scraper out of the box. In AEL settings make sure option Use filename instead is not check for MAME!

Thanks for the reply.

with Advanced Launcher by Angelscry.... I belive you used his source to make yours ? Smile

Anyway.... I use the scraper ArcadeHits and it works pretty well, getting the names, snapshots, flyers, etc.

You may want to add it to AEL in the future..... just a suggestion of course Smile
Has anyone tried to add no-intro dat file under Edit Launcher/Manage ROM List/Add No-Intro XML DAT?
My Problem is, that my dat files are not listed when browsing to the path which contains the files.
FYI: My Folder contains normal DAT and Clone DAT.

I'm running latest Version (0.9.4)
(2016-11-17, 18:50)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 00:14)bite_your_idols Wrote: One missing feature from AdvancedLauncher is the option to launch into default category if selected in settings. With that option, when AL started you go into emulators/games list instead of the start screen and then select the category.

There is no "default" category in AEL. The Emulators initial category is a normal category created the first time the addon is created, and will have a different fingerprint (ID) on every setup. You can create both standalone and ROM launchers in the addon root if you wish and get rid of the Emulators category.

nice! I will try it.
A small gift exclusively for users for Advanced Emulator Launcher.

This is a 'quick & dirty' MOD of the last release of SexyCirrus, two small changes are made...

1. Games will now display images filed under 'snaps' in the fanart window if Secondary Fanart is tagged.
2. Clearlogo will work on Sauna Explorer using logos provided by AEL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

Beyond that, there is no difference and NO support offered. This is just purely for Kodi Jarvis users of Cirrus and AEL to squeeze a bit more visual mileage out of their setups until something better comes along... Wink

Install instructions are the same as with any previous release of SexyCirrus, if unfamiliar, check the original thread.

As always, hats off to Wintermute for AEL. Smile
Thanks Rufoo Big Grin
Also for Cirrus / SexyCirrus Jarvis Users:

Unpack this file to your 'skin.cirrus.extended' directory. This changes the behavior of the 'Games' area on the home screen to launch directly into AEL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing
Hi guys, i ABSOULUTLY LOVE THIS THANKS SO MUCH!!, one question... hwo do i scrape ALL roms at once? or from one perticular Launcher (Were you select your console).
Any help i would love thanks!!!RoflRoflRofl
Does this affect performance in games, since Kodi is running in the background?
(2016-11-17, 19:15)marcoooo Wrote: offcourse i can do that

device nvidia shield
fresh kodi install

install advanced emu launcher OK
when i try to open it i get the error

kodi LOG

http://pastebin.com/TJPYKV0d

version 0.9.0 works OK
version 0.9.1 works OK
version 0.9.2 fails to open
version 0.9.3 fails to open
version 0.9.4 fails to open

personal it make me sad that it will be kodi 17 and up only ... but thats me (i like to have a seperate build for the retro games only)

The error/exception happens before the logging system is inisialised, so I cannot see any debug information. Sorry. Can you please repeat the procedure with your patched 0.9.4 version? Your patched version will not produce the error, but I will be able to see important debug info about the Python version in the log that will help me pinpoint the problem.
(2016-11-17, 19:31)kevenz Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

with Advanced Launcher by Angelscry.... I belive you used his source to make yours ? Smile

Anyway.... I use the scraper ArcadeHits and it works pretty well, getting the names, snapshots, flyers, etc.

You may want to add it to AEL in the future..... just a suggestion of course Smile

Yes, AEL started as a fork of Advanced Launcher. However, a lot of the original code has been completely rewritten, in particular all the disk input/output routines. Also, AEL contains a lot more functionality and eye-candy: in number of lines of code AEL is currently about 3 times the size of original AL. Scrapers in particular have been completely rewritten. Before, scrapers followed a procedural approach with lot of duplicated code. I designed a new object oriented polymorphic model with 0 duplicated code, at the expense of a minor performance degradation. However, scraper code is now much more clear and most importantly, easy to maintain.

I decided to drop ArcadeHits because at the time of AEL inception the ArcadeHits scraper didn't work well in my setup. In addition, site is in French, which complicates development (if you don't know French, of couse Smile). Also, Arcade Database is much better than ArcadeHits, in my opinion.

Currently, AEL supports MAME metadata out of the box (expect for plot), so MAME ROMs will display with correct name. If you follow the links provided in the first post, you can download whole title, snap, cabinet, etc. in one batch. Note that even when ArcadeDB scraper is finished, scraping a MAME collection of, say, 2000 ROMs will take many hours (and many can be in the range of 20/30 hours) so I think for big MAME collections it always would be better to get the artwork separately.
(2016-11-18, 07:45)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Has anyone tried to add no-intro dat file under Edit Launcher/Manage ROM List/Add No-Intro XML DAT?
My Problem is, that my dat files are not listed when browsing to the path which contains the files.

This is a known bug. I'm not sure if the bug is in AEL Python code or Kodi C++ core code. The bug prevents DAT files to be loaded by the Kodi file select dialog. As a workaround, rename the DAT file to XML and you will be able to load it.

Also, make sure you download a P/Clone XML file from DAT-o-MATIC from here. ROM auditing and Parent/Clone view mode for launchers is working well but is still quite a experimental feature in AEL. Fell free to report bugs you may find, suggestions or feature requests.
(2016-11-21, 11:19)GoalieGamer Wrote: Hi guys, i ABSOULUTLY LOVE THIS THANKS SO MUCH!!, one question... hwo do i scrape ALL roms at once? or from one perticular Launcher (Were you select your console).
Any help i would love thanks!!!RoflRoflRofl

When you scan ROMs for a launcher (Launcher context menu, "Add ROMs") scraping for metadata and artwork will be carried out, depending on your ROM scanner settings. ROM scanner settings are located in plugin settings. If you want to rescrape individual ROMs from a launcher then use the context menu of that ROM and choose "Edit ROM".

To rescrape all ROMs from a launcher first make sure you have the correct settings in the plugin settings. Then, go to the launcher context menu, "Edit Launcher", "Manage ROM list", "Clear ROMs from launcher". Then, open launcher context menu again and select "Add ROMs to launcher". Since the scraper will rewrite all the metadata for your ROMs it does make sense to delete all of them from AEL database first.
(2016-11-22, 00:21)tinnyskillz Wrote: Does this affect performance in games, since Kodi is running in the background?

Under Linux I have not seen any degradation in performance with a i5-based Intel NUC about 3 years old. I regularly use MAME, Retroarch and Mednafen. However, some users have reported performance degradation (framerate drop) in Windows and Raspberry Pi.
(2016-11-22, 11:09)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 07:45)ErAzOr2k Wrote: Has anyone tried to add no-intro dat file under Edit Launcher/Manage ROM List/Add No-Intro XML DAT?

This is a known bug. I'm not sure if the bug is in AEL Python code or Kodi C++ core code. The bug prevents DAT files to be loaded by the Kodi file select dialog. As a workaround, rename the DAT file to XML and you will be able to load it.

Also, make sure you download a P/Clone XML file from DAT-o-MATIC from here. ROM auditing and Parent/Clone view mode for launchers is working well but is still quite a experimental feature in AEL. Fell free to report bugs you may find, suggestions or feature requests.

Thank you!
First of all, I love this feature!

As a workaround, I set the path to the dat file directly in catergories.xml.

I have one feature request: I'd like to see something like a "Parent/Clone Clean View".
Instead of showing the full string of the rom name in the list (e.g. "Super Mario World (Europe) (Rev 1)"), just show e.g. "Super Mario World".
The full string name does only make sense in the clone selection windows (in my opinion).
Is something like this possible?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12