Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-11-30, 13:16)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 13:05)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Wintermute0110! First of all thanks a lot for your great and appreciated effort!

I have one question related to the internal Favourites of the add-on. I have actually created a launcher for a Windows game under the Emulators category. How is possible to add that launcher in the Favourites? To me it seems that only ROMs can be added...I'm asking this because the Mimic skin is actually having an "initial support" of your add-on now and the developer managed to add Windows games to the Favourites Wink Take a look to this post and the fourth previous ones.

In addition to this, the .nfo has all the fields filled (year, genre, plot, vote, etc.), but is not possible to browse any of the categories you are providing. Again, do they work only for ROMs and not for .exe files (i.e. launchers)?

Looking forward for your clarification. Thanks!

Yes, for technical reasons Favourites, ROM Collections, Virtual Launcher, etc. are only for ROMs. Also, ROMs have more assets and metadata than Standalone Launchers. If you have a collection of games, then you can create a ROM LNK launcher, which is what Braz (Mimic skinner) does.

You create a LNK launcher. You create a couple of directores, for example e:/LNK-roms and e:/LNK-assets. In the former directory, you place a LNK file pointing to the executable of your game. To create the LNK file, navigate to the game EXE, then drag and drop, click on "Create shortcut". You create one LNK per game. Then, in AEL you create a new Launcher, select LNK launcher, as the ROMs folder point to e:/LNK-roms and as the asset folder point to e:/LNK-assets.

Also, thanks for the link about Mimic skin Big Grin Adding a menu entry and a widget for AEL is a first step. I hope Braz will make some views for AEL to display metadata and more artwork and top of icon and fanart.

EDIT: forgot to say... scrapers are fully available for "LNK ROMs". As platform, you can select "Microsoft Windows" or "Microsoft MS-DOS". It is important to choose the correct plaform when using the scrapers or otherwise wrong results will be returned by the searches (actually, the platform is exclusively used by the scrapers, both metadata offline and metadata/asset online). Scrapers should also work well for launchers, if there is any problem with the scrapers just tell me and I will have a look.

Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback! I will made this "exercise" then... Nod

I think you can have a great collaboration with braz, the author of Mimic skin. I would be happy to help you in case providing usage feedbacks, etc. (sorry, but I'm not able to code anything!)

One suggestion: I would change a little the colour of the add-on icon from pink to a more warm red... Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by axlt2002 - 2016-11-30, 13:39
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12