Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-11-30, 09:48)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 07:59)atsumori Wrote: -snip-

Hi Atsumori. Yeah, the multidisc support is already in the TODO list but I have been coding more important things first. Probably the implementation will be slightly different (and improved Big Grin) compared to what Advanced Launcher does. Also, multidisc names will be based on TOSEC/Trurip, maybe you will need to do some renamings to your ISO images. Still not clear what I will do, how do will affect the database, etc. If you have any comments of course they are welcomed.
Great to hear! The old Advanced Launcher implementation only stored the first game of the set in the DB, and it just searched for any other files with the file name pattern "filename-cdXXXXX" when that game was selected. I can't say it was the best implementation as it required a file system check every time you get a file with "-cd" in the file name, but it was a pretty easy to drop into existing code.

For the new implementation, my only suggestion would be to add some sort of "-custom" file naming option in addition to TOSEC/Trurip naming lookup to allow for pseudo multi-disc items and custom sets, such as DLC that is handled by a separate application file (for example Deus Ex Human Human Revolution and the Missing Link DLC are like this on PC). This is useful as a lot of DLC and mods items don't have cover artwork to display, so it looks a lot better to collapse them all into the base game and select the other items from a sub menu (this also allows for custom groupings programatically for example, you could have several links with different minecraft servers.)

One other way of handling this would be to, aside from the TOSEC/Trurip naming multidisc implementation, create some sort of automatic collection (like Kodi collection) handling at the launcher->rom level. For example, naming files in the format {collection name}(position}displayname.extension would automatically create a collection {collection name} in the path of that launcher, with the item displayed at {position} in the list with the name "displayname". Personally I think this method is maybe too slow navigationally (since you're opening a subdirectory instead of a submenu), but it might be more consistent with how the rest of AEL works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by atsumori - 2016-11-30, 14:36
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12