Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-12-01, 09:35)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 09:05)braz Wrote: Hi Wintermute! I was just looking at my AEL setup and noticed that ListItem.Genre is filled with "Genre text" when there isn't an actual genre. Would it be possible for ListItem.Genre to just return nothing if it doesn't contain a value?

Thanks and I look forward to testing a ROM collection when you get a chance...

Hi Braz. ListItem.Genre should have a correct value for Categories/Launcher/ROMs, where user can edit it. For special categories/launchers (Favourites/ROM Collections/Browse by...) the "Genre text" is just a placeholder. Since AEL is still in development and mutating all those small details are not fully completed yet. Also, Favourites/ROM Collections/Browse by... currently don't have any artwork nor placeholder graphics. However, normal categories/launchers/ROMs should be OK now. Please have a look here for a reference of all metadata/asset that curently AEL uses. Of course, this list is not fixed and it is open to discussion, but should be pretty much complete by now.

Please wait until 0.9.5 is released (presumably this or next weekend) and I will publish a couple of collections with full metadata/artwork so everybody can test the new Import ROM Collection feature. 0.9.5 includes a ton of new features and the support for assets in smb:// networks paths is blocking the release a bit.
Sounds good. Not a problem about the genre infolabel, I can wait until 1.0 for the placeholders to be removed. Smile

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by braz - 2016-12-01, 09:38
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12