Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-12-08, 19:35)axlt2002 Wrote: Sorry if I was not clear. You got the point by the way: with 0.9.4 the NFO files and the assets are loaded during the scanning of the ROMs...in the current master branch this doesn't happen. I'm just guessing this issue can be related to the fix you made in the master branch to have the LNKs working properly. Any guess on your side?

So the problem is that the ROM scanner do not load NFO files and local assets. OK, will have a look.

(2016-12-08, 19:35)axlt2002 Wrote: I think is a python command, so there should be some documentation where the arguments that the funciotn os.system() can accept are explained. Do you know if this is a standard python command or it has been overwritten somewhere in the Kodi code?

Yes, indeed is a Python function belonging to the os module. The code I use to launch LNK files is equivalent to this:

Code:
start "AEL" /b "lnk_file.lnk"

The problem is not in AEL, is in the Windows command start which is the one that opens the Window. My original question is if there is an alternative way of launching LNK files in Window which doesn't open a console (so called "MS-DOS window").

Also, to everyone: AEL 0.9.5 is being delayed for two reasons: first, a lot of new features were added (including a new Arcade Database MAME scraper and a new totally rewritten filesystem layer that enables assets to be in network units) and second, I've been quite busy with real life. I plan to release 0.9.5 ASAP but expect small bugs due to massive changes in the code. A "small bug" is one that can be solved by doing a small change in the code (like wrong variable name, etc.).

For 0.9.6, I plan to upgrade the launching mechanism to use the Python subprocess module. 0.9.7 will include offline scrapers for all AEL platforms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-12-09, 12:11
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12