Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-12-14, 13:58)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Should be fixed in Github now. Please install last version from Github and test it. The bug only manifested when using the asset scraper when scanning ROMs.

I think that's not possible because of the way Kodi addons work. Kodi addons are not normal "applications", in the sense that are initiated when Kodi is started, then keep on the background and display something when you browse them. Kodi addons are like web pages: every time you browse the addon is invoked. Every time you browse the addon, a new addon instance (with different context, memory, etc.) is created to perform the action requested: display a launcher, launch a ROM, etc. Because of this, I cannot set AEL to monitor in the background for changes in your ROM folder.

Having said that: if you just added a new ROM, the scanner should be very fast, even if you have thousands of games. Only the new ones will be scrapped, for the ones you already have cached information and local assets (local assets that may have been scraper in a previous scanner run) will be used. With old good AL scanning a big collection, even using local metadata and assets was very slow for several reasons. I took a lot of care when coding AEL to make all operations as fast as possible so this nuisance no longer applies.

In the addon data directory, the file categories.xml stores the information of the Categories and all Launchers (both ROM and Standalone launchers). ROMs for each launcher are stored in separated JSON files, one for each launcher. This JSON database is created when you run the scanner for the first time or when you manually add a ROM for the first time. If you clear/delete all your ROMs in a launcher, AEL simply deletes this JSON database. Also, for every JSON ROM database there is a small associated XML file that contains information about the launcher the ROMs belong. Power users may find this XMl file useful to do fancy stuff (like transferring ROM databases between different machines) or if you have to recover your setup after a backup (because of a hard disk failure, etc.).

It is fixed indeed!

That's okay, most systems don't have new games added constantly so it's not too big of an issue.

Thanks for the hard work!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by firewater - 2016-12-15, 00:02
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12