Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-12-22, 20:58)billyc666 Wrote: @Wintermute0110

i tohught id have a go at importing just a small set AAE (vector games) i can import the roms but for some reason i cant get the artwork and videos to show, it asks me once for an artwork path which i just pointed to box fronts in my launchbox directory but no box fronts show up.

also i made the AAE.xml in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\resources\data\GameDBInfo folder but it doesnt allow me to use it, does this need some path adding,
i can make you the xmls that your missing if you want from my ods files it should'nt take long

Hi billyc666. Yeah, thanks a lot for your database, really appreciated. It has been really useful for AEL Big Grin I have some plans to improve it in the future... but first there is a lot of work to do with AEL and Advanced MAME Launcher.

Regarding your question about AAE: it seems that AAE use MAME ROMs (the ones with vector displays), so the MAME offline scraper should find the ROMs and display correct metadata. Keep in mind that MAME database in AEL is custom made, the information is extracted from MAME itself, and covers the whole 30.000 MAME machines. Also, HyperList includes many ROM lists that are actually truncated/filtered MAME lists (for example, Capcom classics, NeoGeo, etc.) Since these lists are subsets of MAME and AEL MAME scraper includes all MAME machines then you can use MAME platform in AEL when scanning those launchers and it should work well.

On the other hand, if you want to add your custom databases to AEL that is easy. XML format used by AEL is currently compatible with Hyperspin's HyperList. Follow these steps for each platform to be added:

0) Let's call AEL_DIR = AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher

1) Put the XML database in the folder your mentioned, in this case AAE.xml

2) Edit AEL_DIR/resources/scrap_info.py and add the new platform to the list:

Code:
AEL_platform_list = [
    'AAE',
    # --- MAME/Arcade ---
    'MAME',

3) Edit AEL_DIR/resources/scrap_info.py and add the new platform database to the offline scraper:

Code:
platform_AEL_to_Offline_GameDBInfo_XML = {
    'AAE'                         : 'resources/data/GameDBInfo/AAE.xml',
    'MAME'                        : 'resources/data/GameDBInfo/MAME.xml',

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-12-23, 22:17
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12