Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi Wintermute0110,

I want just you notify that AEL reports an error when trying to import a NFO file that contains some special characters.

I usually edit the NFO file personally (i.e. "outside" AEL). For example, if I use the following plot for Pro Evolution Soccer 2017:

Code:
<plot>Lo straordinario FOX Engine di KONAMI è pronto a segnare nuovi standard di riferimento nel settore e a offrire tantissime innovazioni chiave al gameplay.</plot>

AEL doesn't import it because the special character 'è'. If I copy and paste the same text using the AEL internal edit metadata function, what is saved in the NFO file is:

Code:
<plot>Lo straordinario FOX Engine di KONAMI è pronto a segnare nuovi standard di riferimento nel settore e a offrire tantissime innovazioni chiave al gameplay.</plot>

So, the character 'è' has been changed in '├¿'. Please note that inside Kodi, the correct character 'è' is shown, so it seems is just a question of "translation" while importing a NFO file. I think that the same issue would happen with all the other (italian and others) special characters such as: ò, à, é, ù, ì, etc.

Do you think that is possible to fix this issue? In fact, for me is more comfortable to edit the NFO files outside Kodi and then importing them in AEL afterwards.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by axlt2002 - 2017-01-17, 12:32
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12