Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-01-22, 01:39)dmakk Wrote: Hi Wintermute. In regards to flags, have you given any thought about having content ratings appear from ESRB/PEGI, etc.?

Hi. I don't have children myself but I understand it can be an interesting feature for many people to have a rating system so in the settings it can be restricted the ROMs to display based on the rating (if kids are clever they can easily go to settings and bypass it...Big Grin).

There are several issues, though:

1) Which one of the rating systems should we use? Kodi officialy has support for MPAA in the video database. However, as you mentioned ESRB and PEGI are also available.

2) A database with more fileds means a bigger database, bigger JSON files and slower loading and browsing times (even if you don't use the rating, it will be present in the database).

The support for multidisc in 0.9.6 will make the database incompatible with 0.9.5 and earlier, so if we want to introduce metadata fields now it's the proper time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-01-22, 10:05
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12