Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-02-01, 19:23)mac1202 Wrote: Hi wintermute how to make AEL detect rom as multidisc, for example here :

Code:
ls Resident\ Evil\ \(Europe\)\ \(En,Fr,De,Es,It\)
'Resident Evil (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Disc 1).gcz'  'Resident Evil (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Disc 2).gcz'

How should I name this 2 files to make it work ?

You can use TOSEC or Trurip or Redump names. Have a look at this post for examples. As a bonus, AEL is intelligent enought to parse a Trurip name withouth the -. Both "Final Fantasy VII (EU) - (Disc 1 of 3).iso" and "Final Fantasy VII (EU) (Disc 1 of 3).iso" will work. As another bonus, the multidisc tag does not necessarily need to be the last tag. AEL will work OK with "Final Fantasy VII (EU) (Disc 1 of 3).iso" and "Final Fantasy VII (Disc 1 of 3) (EU).iso"

The multidisc support is not ready yet! I have finished the multidisc ROM filename parser and the scanner will print on the log it has found a multidisc ROM. However, the actual processing of the multidisc ROM is not coded yet. Having proper multidisc support in AEL is tricky because there are many small details here and there (like editing the multidisc ROMs in the set, creating a Favourite of a multidisc set, etc.) and it's going to take some time until it is working at 100%. The scanner and launcher should be working this weekend though. At launching time, if you have a multidisc ROM a select dialog with a list of ROMs in the multidisc set will open so you can choose which one to launch.

EDIT: if you want I can post here when the multidisc launcher is working. You can test the Github dev version and report errors so I will release a more polished 0.9.6. In any case, 0.9.6 will have complete multidisc support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-02-01, 19:36
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12