Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-02-14, 00:27)nalthien Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 10:36)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2017-02-13, 01:37)nalthien Wrote: Quick question: is there a way to re-run scraping for missing metadata? TheGamesDB is slow this afternoon so I turned it off; but, now I have no fan art. I don't want to re-scrape each manually; but, I can't find an option to do it.
No, and that's and intended behaviour. I was so frustrated with AL and RCB spending as long as 30 hours scraping big collections that I decided to create the offline scraper. The idea is that users use the offline scraper and local artwork first and then use manual scraping for fine tuning of the collection.

Having said that... The offline is still far from perfect. AEL is still beta [emoji1]

In general, that makes sense. For the most part, I'm using the offline scrapers. The offline metadata scraper is good in most cases (I'm using NO-Intro and ReDump collections) and I've grabbed box and other art from emumovies, hyperspin, or other places. The only thing that I'm relying on the scraper for is FanArt. But when the site is slow, it's pointless to let it sit there. Unfortunately, in the absence of any other scraper, I can't say do a "get missing FanArt" command to have it just go hit thegamedb for FanArt so, my options are limited.
Fanart is always a problem. Most games don't have fanart, only the most famous ones. Even if I code such a function it will be worthless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-02-15, 07:57
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12