Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-02-18, 11:56)Aatos Wrote: Dear Wintermute, first I wanted to express my gratitude over your work on AEL - you along with skinners like Rufoo make Kodi really hands down best media center on the market - thank you!

I have a slightly novel way of using AEL and Kodi. Instead of strictly a rom-launching platform my aim is to have it function as a Netflix-type frontend for my physical game collection (well, outside PC games) - a catalog designed to indice one to find and appreciate my whole collection now unfortunately pretty much tucked in various storage solutions around the apartment. To this end, instead of launching roms, most of these games will launch a picture to a image viewing app that will instruct to go pick the game up from each location and insert it into the console.

AEL and Kodi in general have seemed to work just fine for this purpose as I've been now building the library assets by scraping and downloading artwork from different sources before putting it all together for the first time. However, while trying to add my GBA library in AEL, I ran into an issue I can't solve and now AEL seems to be unable to add anything anymore, citing to go to the error log.

Wintermute, would you be so kind as to take a look at this log and tell me what I could do to remedy the issue? Re-installing AEL (including the instance-spesific launcher-files in portable folder) didn't seem to help at this stage.

Hi. The error is because non ASCII characters in the ROM name. In your case the "ROMs" are PNG file. What is causing the problem is having a file like this:

Code:
Pokémon LeafGreen.png

Apparently URLlib cannot encode an URL having nonASCII characters. I will have a look at the problem. As a workaround, rename you PNG images so they don't have Unicode characters or use the offline scraper.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-02-18, 17:57
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12