Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-02-24, 20:26)jdotp Wrote: Hi, very new to Kodi, but am learning quickly.

Basically I don't like the current music player within Kodi, so ideally what I'd like is to have an external music program launched when I click on the 'music' menu.

However as I haven't been able to figure that out yet, I stumbled upon this program.

I can't figure out how to add a launcher to a standalone external program (foobar2000) and then add this on the skin menu and remove 'music' icon and rename the new external app to 'music'.

Any ideas or advice please, quite confused at the moment.

Edit:

I've tried making Foobar2000 a LNK by copying from start menu, then linking new laucher, but it says Foobar2000 (No Roms) and won't open / load?

Edit:

Figured it out! Had to do it as a Standalone launcher Smile

Thanks.

That's indeed a totally unorthodox way of using AEL but perfectly possible. Big Grin

First you have to make sure FooBar can start playing MP3 files from the command line. Open a MS-DOS console window, go to the FooBar player directory, and type something like: foobar.exe c:\directory\my_music.mp3. You will have to google a bit to know the FooBar command line parameters. Once you know that, then you create a ROM launcher. As the app select FooBar executable. As the ROM path you choose the directory were you have your music. As the ROM extension you choose something like "mp3|wav|ogg". Then, open the launcher context menu, Add ROMs >> Scan for new ROMs. That should fill your launcher with your MP3s and WAVs.

Having said that... I don't think it is very useful to use AEL to launch a music player. AEL only has scrapers for ROMs, not for music files. Also, AEL won't read the metadata tags of your MP3s. If you don't like Kodi's music player, why you don't use another player like Clementine or Amarok?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-02-24, 21:05
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12