Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-05-10, 21:04)Enlightened Wrote: I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup emulators. I was wondering If I can use this addon as sort of a front end? Then steam big picture with ice as a back end for launching and streaming roms over my network or away from home? I don't like the look of steam big picture.

I've never used Steam nor Ice but for what I can see in Ice docs, AEL does exactly the same. Compared with Ice, AEL has much more features.

One important thing is that you cannot stream ROMs. The ROMs must be in a local filesystem in the machine you have installed Kodi and the emulators. Otherwise, the emulators will not undesrtand an URL like "smb://my.server/ROMs/snes/Super Mario World (Europe).zip" and will fail to launch.

This will change with Kodi Leia which has Retroplayer integrated, though. In theory, Kodi Leia will be able to play ROMs located in any network location Kodi understands. However, for launched/external emulators the ROMs must be in a local filesystem unless the emulator supports ROMs in remote filesystems (to the best of my knowledge none of the most typical emus support ROMs in remote filesystems).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-05-11, 13:07
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12