Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-05-29, 14:22)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Probably it's because of a malformed launchers.xml. AL's XML writer was a crafted one that sometimes produces non-standard XML files. Typically the problem is illegal characters in launchers.xml not properly escaped. AEL tries to fix AL launchers.xml before importing but this fix is not perfect. If you want me to have a look send me the launchers.xml that causes the problems and I'll have a look.

Having said that, I do not recommend to use the Advanced Launcher importer any more. AEL supports now much more metadata and assets fields and after doing the importing you will have to do a lot of extra configuration. For example, after importing AEL has only Boxfront and Fanart asset directories configured for every launcher. You will have to create all the remaining assets directories and configure them, which will take a lot of time. If you create the launcher from scratch in AEL you only configure one path and then AEL creates all the asset sub-directories automatically.

Alright, went ahead and started from scratch again. Couldnt get any PC games using the LNK mode to be found - am I missing something?

Scraping Gamecube games worked fine, no artwork was downloaded though... Are there any advanced settings I have to fiddle aaround with?

EDIT:

Got the download of covers and artwork working, which is nice!

The problem I've got is with games that were scraped incorrectly. I can edit the metadata and rescrape them as the correct game, but cover and artwork arent changed. Do I have to manually rescrape all the artwork as well for wrongly scraped games?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Turnspit - 2017-05-29, 16:02
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12