Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2017-06-02, 03:07)ewookie Wrote: Any chance future versions will be easier to configure on Android? Without having to import/export/edit xml files?

Maybe there is a way to allow browsing Kodi Favorites when it comes time to specify the app? Then pull the required info from there?

Maybe I've missed something and there is an easier way. I'm using a 2nd gen Amazon Fire TV. If anyone can help me out, I would be so grateful.

I'm afraid not. Technically Kodi Favourites store addon URLs and not any other data. The XML configurations are already a big step forward and if you organise the directories layout properly configuration is very quick.

The other option is to include the configurations hard-coded, like RCB and IARL. However, that will decrease the flexibility of the plugin (for example, you have to install Retroarch or MAME at specific places in your system) and maintaining such a big list of configurations for many operating systems will be difficult. I believe the current model, small XML configurations for each emulator/OS in Github is flexible and convenient but I'm open to discuss new ideas of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-06-02, 12:00
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12